Skip to main content
Topic: Living Vehicle (Read 254 times) previous topic - next topic
Living Vehicle
Tired of that 5-decade old design and floorplan?
Looking for something that's not tired, true and reliable?
Do you want to take a chance on something that will liven up your RVing experience, attract attention and take you to the next level of RVing?
Got an extra $130-150k?

If so, take a gander at this newby on the market:

Gallery

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Living Vehicle
Reply #1
An amazing "vehicle."  I've watched many of their videos and seems to be extraordinarily designed and constructed.  The specifications are equally interesting.    I can image that this Living Vehicle would last a very long time ... the video suggestions for generations.  It would be a treat to see one in person.  MSRP:  $149,995 Total Price

Reply #2
We met the couple that makes these last week at the Oasis RV Park in Las Vegas.  They were there in one and they let us thoroughly inspect it.  It is every bit as nice as the videos show.  She advised us that the kitchen island is moveable.  It was roomy and efficient.   The big sliding glass door really appealed to my wife.   It was kind of like being in a high end condo.  Very nice bathroom too.  I was also surprised by the weight.  I thought it would weigh more.

I mentioned to Matt that I had always been intrigued with Airstream trailers.  He offered that they had redone and rebuilt over 300 of them.   I said, "I bet you learned a lot from that" to which he replied he sure did. 

I think they are great and I told them both that I thought they'd sell as many as they could produce. 

Joe
Joe
2015 TK

Reply #3
We met the couple that makes these last week at the Oasis RV Park in Las Vegas.  They were there in one and they let us thoroughly inspect it.  It is every bit as nice as the videos show.  She advised us that the kitchen island is moveable.  It was roomy and efficient.  The big sliding glass door really appealed to my wife.  It was kind of like being in a high end condo.  Very nice bathroom too.  I was also surprised by the weight.  I thought it would weigh more.

I mentioned to Matt that I had always been intrigued with Airstream trailers.  He offered that they had redone and rebuilt over 300 of them.  I said, "I bet you learned a lot from that" to which he replied he sure did. 

I think they are great and I told them both that I thought they'd sell as many as they could produce. 

Joe

Interesting you should mention the Airstream comment. As I looked at the video, I thought this trailer reminded me of a modern Airstream.

Chris

Reply #4
"I thought this trailer reminded me of a modern Airstream."
---
Well, here's that "YMMV" thing in play again! (Not counting the "patio") I think it looks like a food truck!  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
"I thought this trailer reminded me of a modern Airstream."
---
Well, here's that "YMMV" thing in play again! (Not counting the "patio") I think it looks like a food truck!  ;)
By "modern Airstream" I meant fit and finish, not looks. It's a classy food truck.  :) 

Reply #6
990 tongue wt,  13500 GVWR.   So much for pulling it w/ an LD.
$150 + tow vehicle - still qualifies as affordable housing in Calif.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #7
9900 tongue wt,  13500 GVWR.  So much for pulling it w/ an LD.
$150 + tow vehicle - still qualifies as affordable housing in Calif.
Plan on buying a $100,000 diesel pickup to tow it with.
Interesting design, it isn't much to look at,  Joan's 'deluxe food truck' is a good description.
There is one feature I like, the "Trek" style bed. I don't know why this isn't used more often.
It's a feature LD could use to provide a fixed bed without adding slides or more length.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
It definitely looks like a food truck, albeit a very nice and high quality food truck.  I thought it was a food truck when I first saw it at the RV park in Las Vegas.  In fact, one of my first questions to Matt was if he bought it as a large utility trailer and then redid it.  He told me, no, they build them from the ground up. 

I can't say enough good about the interior and features.  It reeks of high-quality and durabilty.   Roomy and bright.  I seem to recall they don't offer any options.   It comes standard with everything they think one would want, I imagine. 

So it's agreed to have this rig one would need to drop 150 plus the 100 for tow vehicle.  A cool quarter million dollars.  That's a lot to digest for this Oklahoman who is still stinging from 89k for a new Lazy Daze in 2015.  Having said that I think this couple will find a market for them.... "If you build it they will come."
Joe
2015 TK