Skip to main content
Topic: Squeaky 2006 (Read 252 times) previous topic - next topic
Squeaky 2006
My 2006 26.5' does have 80K on the clock so it is far from new but I do notice a lot of squeaks when I roll the window down while driving down the street at slow speed.

I wonder if all the frame, suspension, steering, (all the moving points) need some greasing every once in a while?

If so, does anyone have a doc or link to a page showing all the spots that need greasing?

I would hate to get dirty and get this done only to find I missed a few spots.

Re: Squeaky 2006
Reply #1
Do a search for “frame bolt tightening” on this forum and on the Lazy Daze Companion; that link is on the home page of the message board.

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
That is quite the list of maintenance items.  But it is understandable given how hard these trucks work.  I can already see  some thing that need attention.  I'll have to have a listen for that drive shaft also.  This rig is so long, it is hard to tell where the noise is coming from.

Reply #4
And it would not be a disk brake squeal per chance??  That could be just a normal noise. Disk brakes are just talkative.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
My 2006 26.5' does have 80K on the clock so it is far from new but I do notice a lot of squeaks when I roll the window down while driving down the street at slow speed.

Somehow I missed that you recently registered on the LDO Forum and shortly thereafter found your Lazy Daze!  At any rate, congratulations on your LD.  It sounds like your digging into the whole routine of having a LD as part of your life.  I mostly wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood and wish you well as you work on your LD.  Just when I think my LD list of projects is completed, I take a trip or visit our LD and always end up with "just one more very small project that shouldn't take long or cost very much."  And of course I usually wrong on both accounts!

Reply #6
Here’s a diagram from 2005 .... close enough!!
Ruby, the red 2004 26' RK hauling Dave and Kristine hither and yon

Reply #7
Thanks for the lube points on the steering.  I was told all the ball joints were all sealed but that appears not to be the case.

There is a little disc brake noise for sure but I think the bulk of it is coming from further back.

Speaking of brakes, or the rear brakes disc or drum?  If they are drum, it could be I have some poorly adjusted show shoes.

I think my LD is in good shape overall but their are plenty of signs the POs cut some corners on maintenance.  I guess I can understand, when the weather is good, it's time for camping and the maintenance can always wait for some other day.

Reply #8
“Speaking of brakes, or the rear brakes disc or drum?  If they are drum, it could be I have some poorly adjusted show shoes.“

You have rear disc brakes.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #9
I was told all the ball joints were all sealed but that appears not to be the case.

There is a little disc brake noise for sure but I think the bulk of it is coming from further back.
The ball joints do not come with grease fittings but they can be easily added for a couple dollars by your mechanic or yourself.
The ball joints have plastic plugs that, once removed, exposed a threaded hole where the grease fitting can be screwed in.
This allow the ball joints to be lubricated at every oil change.
While ball joints often fail by 75,000 miles, if not lubed, they can last the life of the vehicle if regularly lubed.

At low speeds, usually when entering and driving through campgrounds, hot front disc brakes often squeak badly, that's just the way they are, due to the hard brake pad material.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze