Skip to main content
Topic: Are the tire covers available anywhere? (Read 225 times) previous topic - next topic
Are the tire covers available anywhere?
Or do I have to do junk yard finds for them? Btw, not my rv but I am in the market for one and going to look at another one that is missing the back cover as well.
1984 Chevy 30 TK Hotel California

Re: Are the tire covers available anywhere?
Reply #1
You might be best off contacting the Lazy Daze factory, which we call the Mothership.
Click on Mothership above, it's a link to their website.
Be advised they have not yet starting taking credit cards.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #2
Teresa just a FYI in case you don’t know. According to the Lazy Daze changes by year reference page. The tire cover wasn’t adopted until 1984. So if the units you are looking at are older than that. The cover aren’t missing they just were never there. Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search for a LD.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #3
There were a couple of years in the early Eighties when LD used round continental-style tire covers. Those are pretty much a standard item, and you could probably get one from an auto-parts source such as J.C. Whitney. The rig you pictured looks like that vintage.

In 1984, as I recall, they switched to a custom ABS tire cover, rectangular in shape. You'd need to contact the factory for a replacement, if that's the type your rig-to-be is missing.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4

Our 1983 LD had a Naugahyde cover.
Goggle ‘RV spare tire cover’
https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Covers-sf-Tire_and_Wheel_Covers-pt-Spare_Tire_Cover.aspx?msclkid=ec85b3cc13091d107633e8c78549854d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search%20-%20Covers&utm_term=rv%20spare%20tire%20cover&utm_content=RV%20Tire%20Cover

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Ok thanks. I ended up buying a 1984
without a tire cover. And it looks naked without one.
1984 Chevy 30 TK Hotel California