Skip to main content
Topic: 27' midbath awning (Read 271 times) previous topic - next topic
27' midbath awning
We are picking up our new LD on June 8th. Can anyone tell me how long the awning is?
2018 MB

Re: 27' midbath awning
Reply #1
Giving this a bump. Have you tried calling the mothership?

Congrats on your new LD!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
Found out that the awning is 13 feet. Can't wait to sit under it and have a cool adult beverage.
2018 MB

Reply #3
We are picking up our new LD on June 8th. Can anyone tell me how long the awning is?

Congratulations, on your new 27' MB!  Marie and I picked up our new 2017 27' MB last year on June 12th.  We're looking forward to our one year anniversary.  So far, we've put 11,500 miles on her and counting.  You are going to love it.  Great to know there is another Florida LD.
Safe travels.
David and Marie  8)  8)
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #4
Found out that the awning is 13 feet. Can't wait to sit under it and have a cool adult beverage.

Enjoy your drinks but watch out for the wind and never leave the rig with the awning extended  if there is slightest chance of wind gusts. Roll it in at night
Dozens of forum members have had their awnings  destroyed by the wind.

Happy camping
Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
While in Zion last week, a beautiful Airstream pulled in next door. With the frequent gusts of high winds that blow through the canyon throughout the day, I cringed when the owners jumped on their bikes and went for a spin...with their awning still deployed.

Luckily it survived but although they stayed two days the awning stayed deployed day and night. Not mine, boy. I’ve made enough mistakes in my life. Thank you very much.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #6
Awnings are like sails. Once they fill with wind, they can be difficult to retract, and by the time one discovers that the wind is getting stronger, it is usually too late. 

Our first awning was on a Lance camper.  Not knowing any of the above, we left it deployed at night when boondocking in the desert.  We awoke to sounds of it banging and flapping in a strong wind and I was quickly out of bed and outside at 3am in my BVD's and bare feet trying to take everything down.

No awning if there is wind. 
We don't leave it deployed if we are away from the coach for any time at all.
We never leave it up at night.

Harold

2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life