Skip to main content
Topic: Lazy Daze Boat (Read 314 times) previous topic - next topic
Lazy Daze Boat
Just came upon this amazing Glasspar boat on a local auction site. Does anybody know if Lazy Daze did boat interiors at some point? I have never really wanted to own a boat until now.

1967 Glasspar Lazy Days Boat

1986 22' Multi-Plan

Re: Lazy Daze Boat
Reply #1
Just came upon this amazing Glasspar boat on a local auction site. Does anybody know if Lazy Daze did boat interiors at some point? I have never really wanted to own a boat until now.
1967 Glasspar Lazy Days Boat

Interesting find.
LD has never done their own interior seats and cushions, contracting this duty out to upholstery shops.
As old as it is, the boat's interior could have been done by Butterfield, the shop LD used for years and was known for producing superior cushions and seats.

I have not seen the boat at the Mothership, where a small LD travel trailer, used by Steve's sister, is/was stored.
Most likely an LD owner painted their boat to match their LD, using the same color and adding an LD decal.

Who ever buys it should definitely inspect it top to bottom, being over fifty years old (1967 model).
Pretty paint can hide a multitude of problems.

It sure is unique and would look great behind an LD with the same color scheme..

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
This is not the first boat I have seen named Lazy Daze one sails Lake Michigan out of Saugatuck MI.  It may not have any thing to do with our favorite LD.  But it is always fun to dream. 

Larry is right though with that old of a fiberglass boat wood rot can be a big issue.  The support structure under the fiberglass is most commonly wood.  There can be points of intrusion and the stringers can rot out.

As in any used (old) vehicle buyer beware. Educate yourself before you leap in.
Sand Castle (Theresa & Everett) Surfside
01'  26.5 Mid Bath,   2018 31IB
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #3
Boats and motorcycles are some of my favorite obsessions.  I've loved every boat I have owned.  However, a timeless truth about boats is that they are easy to buy but difficult to sell.

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #4
Boat = Break out another Thousand.

But we still love them.

1957 Cadillac, 14ft all aluminum runabout.  Yes the boat was made by The Cadillac Boat Co. in Cadillac MI.
Michigan born and starting to explore the US with my  spouse and our furry friend. Enjoying joining LD group rallies.

Reply #5
“However, a timeless truth about boats is that they are easy to buy but difficult to sell.

Harold”

I have been lucky my last two boats sold to the first person looking at it. The first one I had 10 years and sold it for $3000 more than I paid for it. The second one was a small aluminum and made a $500 dollar profit.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #6
tlbh2o,

Nice boat.  Good engine.

I had an occasion years ago to meet with Jean Michele Cousteau.  He was sitting alone at the bar so I sat down and we talked about small boats.  He really liked the Johnson outboards and recommended one that we subsequently bought and used happily for years. It could run on 67 octane or kerosene and could be air dropped anywhere in the world for use on the Zodiacs on the Calypso.  The Mexican gas we bought at fishing villages was no hay problema.  It was a 40hp with only a pull start, a magneto, and no lighting circuit, but it was relatively light, bulletproof, and had 3 fuel filters in-line.  Cyndy couldn't start it.  We ran that boat all over the Sea of Cortez and never had an engine problem. 

The saying of the day was "If you want to go fast, buy a Mercury.  If you want to get home, buy a Johnson."

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #7
Our Cadillac's name is "Rock and Rye" so named for another Michigan Company,  Faygo's Rock and Rye pop. It is a unique flavor similar to cherry coke or dr. pepper. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqyDj7RX6Y

Johnson's have always been a reliable motor for us.  Her original motor is in the garage in need of some tlc, that one is an Evinrude Lark.  We are hoping to repair it and reunite the pair.

Reply #8
WOW!!!  We had a 1966 Glasspar very similar to this one, only ours was an outboard.  This boat has been completely redone, ours was original..  Had lots of fun adventures with it for 40 years, had some scary adventures too!
2005 RB