Skip to main content
Topic: The Mermaid Lounge (Read 415 times) previous topic - next topic
The Mermaid Lounge
Yes, I admit it - I'm into "glamping."  I made the rear lounge of my 1998 26.5 mid-bath into "The Mermaid Lounge."  :D  The sofas were recovered a couple of years ago in Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico...
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: The Mermaid Lounge
Reply #1
Looks like a comfy place to hang out with your friends.
Did you have the Factory cushions recovered or ?

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Did you have the Factory cushions recovered or ?

I had all of the upholstery redone by an upholstery shop in Puerto Penasco.  The first year I had both sofas and the dinette redone, and the following year the driver and passenger seat with "pleather."  The whole job cost right around $1,500 USD.
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #3
If one is going to endure, one may as well endure comfortably  ;)
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #4
It looks great.  Are you using the overhead for sleeping?
David and Marie
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #5
Are you using the overhead for sleeping?

I do use the overhead for sleeping, as I like to have a "static living room."  I like to open the "skylight" at night, and had my RV guy install a 12-volt outlet for my portable Fantastic Fan.  I store the ladder at home and use the dinette seat and back to hop into bed.  The only "downers" are making the bed, and getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. 
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #6
I do use the overhead for sleeping, as I like to have a "static living room."  I like to open the "skylight" at night, and had my RV guy install a 12-volt outlet for my portable Fantastic Fan.  I store the ladder at home and use the dinette seat and back to hop into bed.  The only "downers" are making the bed, and getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. 

You certainly have done a fine job on customizing your LD to meet your style and needs.  I can read in your comments your pride of ownership.  I must say ... Well Done Chery!

Footnote:  Margee also has left the ladder at home and climbs into the cabover as you do and often leaves the hatch open at night.  And when I make that bed, I use the long handle on the broom to push the sheets and blankets into place.

Reply #7
Cheryl,
I like your style.  Nicely done.

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #8
Looks great! I like the solid/neutral color choice.
2010 MB

Reply #9
Love what you've done!
--
Jan Forseth
2007 27' Midbath named Footloose