Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 LD Model (Read 551 times) previous topic - next topic
2019 LD Model
We've been on the list for quite some time. 

Got a call asking if we are still interested since they are about to order 2019 E450 chassis.

We said yes!!!

We'll get a new packet when it is finalized.  Price will be $2,000 above the 2018 models (at least on the 24 TK).

We are interested in an early December pick-up.
Steve and Annette
2019 TK 24

Re: 2019 LD Model
Reply #1
How exciting, now the wait begins! You can search the forum for option ordering suggestions and advice! 🐯👍
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Reply #2
Hey Torch48 - Congratulations! Just wondering how long have you been waiting to place your order? We called to place an order (31 IB) a little over a month ago and Todd said he would contact us when they are ready to accept new orders. Also, when you say you are interested in a December pick up - I assume you mean 2019 - and not 2018 - since you will be paying 2019 prices? We were hoping for a June 2019 pick-up - but now not sure that will be a possibility. Thanks for any info you can share!
2019  31 IB

Reply #3
Hi cgoochee,
We researched months and months and decided on a 24TK early summer 2017.  We called Todd in August and told him we wanted one and he said it was a year out.  We live in IL and knew we couldn’t visit ahead of time.  Todd said lots of folks order and pick up without visiting the mothership.  Also the year out was no problem cause we had not planned on completing the purchase till December 2018.  We were told we would get sent a packet with order info May or June 2018 and we actually received it around March.  We made decisions based on what we had not knowing if we would be getting a 2018 or 2019 due to the December pickup. 

Yesterday Vickie called saying they are ordering their 2019 chassis so they needed an answer if we were still interested.  We were out so when we called back today she was out so Todd spoke to us.  He then told us we would be getting a 2019 and in a while (not sure when exactly) we’d be getting an updated packet with all info we need to fill out the form including options and we then fill out and send in the deposit.  From what we were told, looks like orders going forward will be 2019 models.

Happy to answer any other questions,
Steve and Annette
2019 TK on order

Reply #4
Congratulations!  Marie and I ordered our 2017 27' MB in August of 2016 and it was a 10 month wait for ours. We picked up on June 12, 2017.  I know the wait time has increased.  The wait was hard, but worth every minute when we finally picked up our beautiful and solid-as-a-rock, LD (christened Bossa Nova).  We've traveled over 10,000 miles and camped in 22 States since last June and we just left home today for another 4 to 5 month adventure around the US.  LDs are awesome and we are so grateful we found them.

David and Marie  8)  8)
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #5
Hey Steve and Annette,
Thanks for the quick reply and useful info you supplied. It gives us a better idea of how the whole process works! We will wait for Todd to call us so we can place our order and take our turn in line! We hope to take delivery in June 2019. So we will keep our fingers crossed and hope it works out!
Connie and Kevin
2019  31 IB

Reply #6
Wow, thats an impressive travel list in such a short time! I'm going to use mine as much as I can, its been such a long wait. Im still busy getting the house and driveway ready!
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Reply #7
Welcome to the club.

As for the wait, I put my name on "the list" in February 2017, and I'm still waiting. Originally it was supposed to be late April/early May, but the last report I got was that it was "looking like late June". I wasn't able to actually place the order until November 2017.

Has this been about the experience of others?
Laurie - 2018 RB

Reply #8
Over the years the ordering process has changed rather dramatically. Prior to placing our order and handing over our deposit in September of 2014 I anticipated a build time of 7-9 months. I based that on what I had learned on line.

There was no waiting list back then. We dropped in at the Mothership. Talked to Todd and spent a couple of hours sitting in the MB and the RB floor models. Unobserved and left quite alone until we were ready to ask Todd a few simple questions.

The next day I mailed them our deposit. The wait was like no other. Even Christmas as a kid could not compare. It was pure bliss with that beautiful Lazy Daze waiting at the end. I even had time to write a poem about it.

All in we waited 14 months from the time we walked into the showroom to see the floor models till the time we drove away in our wonderful 2015 27’ RB.

Still loving every minute of my LD experience. It’s truly like Christmas every day of the year. Who could ask for anything more?

Enjoy.

Kent  
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #9
Hey nw_owner - Congratulations on placing your order. You said you placed your order in November of 2017. Have you taken delivery of your new LD? If so, when was it ready for pick up - If not, when do you expect to have it ready for pick up?  Just wondering about the timeline from actually placing the order to taking delivery. We are on the wait list to place an order and we're hoping that the 'wait list to place order' procedure helps them estimate the delivery time with more certainty - and hopefully shorter than a year wait from placing order to pick up! Thanks for any info you can share. We are really looking forward to having a Lazy Daze life!
Connie and Kevin
2019  31 IB