Skip to main content
Topic: Mid-Bath Beds (Read 419 times) previous topic - next topic
Mid-Bath Beds
Can someone share a photo of their Mid-bath with the rear sofas in the twin bed configuration?  I'm wondering how much room there is to get in and out of bed.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Mid-Bath Beds
Reply #1
Don't have a picture to show you, but I would guess it is about 16 - 18 inches.  Not really a lot but enough.
2003 MB

Reply #2
Thanks! I should have added the Rear Bath model sofas as well.  Are they about the same gap as the MB?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
A 1988 MB with an 8' wide body has:
28" between the twins in twin position
24" between the closet and water closet doors
21" between the counter and retracted dinette bench
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Can someone share a photo of their Mid-bath with the rear sofas in the twin bed configuration?
If you mean by "twin bed" the sofas as they are but without the back cushion it is as described below in my 2001 26.5 MB:

The sofas without the back cushion are 36" deep (the usual width of a twin bed is 38") and the space between the sofas is 29". When I just take out the back cushion and leave the sofa otherwise as is I loose about 1" of the depth. If I wanted the full depth I would have to pull the sofas out a little and loose that from the space between the sofas. See also the pictures. In the second picture the sofa and the ruler are pushed against the wall.

I think sleeping in the back on one of the sofas is awesome, especially when the bathroom door is used as a bedroom door. It is like having a separate bedroom with attached bathroom. For me 36" are absolutely enough and getting the bed ready at night and removed in the morning is very easy.
2001 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #5
Thanks for the photos and measurements. So it sounds like there is 36" between the sofas in the standard setup, then 28" when the sofas are in the twin-bed setup, correct?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6
The space between the sofas is 29" when they are "set up" as sofas and 29" (or less if you prefer to pull the sofas away from the walls) when they are "set up" as twin beds.

Setting them up as beds means nothing more than taking the back cushion away and then rearranging the board behind the back cushion from slanted to straight down (you can see the board in my first picture). When I was sleeping on a sofa on my trip home after buying the LD I did not even put the board back into the slanted position during the day - I just put the back cushion back onto the sofa. The sofa is then slightly deeper but still very well usable as a sofa.
2001 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #7
Thanks Desertman. Setting up the twin beds my older TK was a little more involved, as I recall, involving flipping up a little extension on each sofa and pulling down the support legs. Sounds as if the newer sofas are much easier to deal with.

Are there any RB owners out there that have photos or know the dimensions for when their sofas are set up as beds?  I'm assuming it would be similar to the MB.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #8
Greg,

Our ‘15 RB is always set up as two large singles (mine a bit longer and a bit wider since I use the drivers side). We keep about a 12” gap between the sofas at all times. This allows for easy passage day or night.

We’ve pulled the two sofas together a couple of times in the past. Now we know why they call the RB the Party Model. It’s generally the size of a California King. Gotta love this state.

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"