Skip to main content
Topic: What Wax do you use? (Read 269 times) previous topic - next topic
What Wax do you use?
My adult son offered to wax our RV, 2006 30ft Ann Ed. What Wax do you recommend for the Lazy Daze's? 

Sandra
2006 30' IB Anniversary Edition

Re: What Wax do you use?
Reply #1
I went to the forum and searched on  'wax' and this thread popped up:
Waxing
It has links to older threads as well.
That is a start for keeping him busy.
This is a product I use when giving the rig a sponge bath between real wax jobs:
Wash Waxall

Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #2
I went to the forum and searched on  'wax' and this thread popped up:
Waxing
It has links to older threads as well.
That is a start for keeping him busy.
This is a product I use when giving the rig a sponge bath between real wax jobs:
Wash Waxall

Our LD is 12 years old and never been under a cover. Most of the last 10 years has been fulltiming mostly in the west and winters in the southwest. Initially, we used polymer polishes like Nu Finish. In January 2015 we started using Wash Wax All or I should say Gayle started using it. The finish on our rig looks surprisingly good and I can't tell a difference between what we used in the past with this. Plus we almost never get to actually wash the rig and this has worked very well. Gayle is a bit obsessive about the frequency.

Jim

Reply #3
Lauralee did a great presentation on the WashWaxAll at Ladeze a couple of years ago & if there were such a rejuvenator for humans it would put the cosmetic surgery industry out of business.  LDy Lulubelle has been snuggled in her barn this winter, but with her new paint job last year, it's WashWaxAll for me.

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #4
Very early in the life of this forum there was a lot of discussion about Finish First Polish. That's all I've ever used and in fact I just ordered a couple more cans. It's pretty easy to apply, doesn't stain black components as some waxes do and seems to have protected our LD very well.

Finish First | Finish First Website Tagline

That said, I'm intrigued by WashWaxAll.

If you use a normal wax or polish like Finish First, that you apply, let dry and then remove with a terry cloth towel, I highly recommend buying an orbital buffer, which helps make quick work of the large flat surfaces on our LDs. You still have to apply by hand in the nooks and crannies around various fittings but the orbital buffer greatly reduces the overall effort. I use the buffer to apply the wax but still remove it all by hand.
Terry
2003 26.5'RB
Gardnerville, NV

Reply #5
Over the years, I've used a wide variety of "wax" products.  About a year ago, I tried Mothers Synthetic Wax on our Subaru and after 6 months, it still beaded water and had a nice shine.  So then we started using it on the hood of our LD which is the most exposed to early morning sun.  After 3-4 months, the hood continued to look good and IMO "lasted" longer than several quality paste waxes.  Yesterday, Margee & I finished hand waxing & hand polishing the entire coach with this synthetic wax.  This wax went on easy and came off just as easy.  I fully expect our LD to look great in another 6 months when it's due for it's semi-annual waxing. 

Btw, the black plastic parts received 2 treatments of Aerospace Protectant 303.  I'm now on board as recommending this product too.  

Hope this helps.

Reply #6
Thanks y'all very much for the recommendations and information. Our "Rambling Rose" really needs a shine.

Sandra
2006 30' IB Anniversary Edition