Skip to main content
Topic: Toaster Oven (Read 261 times) previous topic - next topic
Toaster Oven
Hello,
Has anyone purchased a good "medium" size toaster over lately?  Recommendations welcome.

Thanks, Bill
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Re: Toaster Oven
Reply #1
Bill,

Not exactly sure what your plans are for the toaster oven, but my DW sure loves her Breville Smart Oven I bought for her a few years ago.

It gets constant use and far exceeds any “toaster” oven I’ve ever experienced. Here’s a YouTube of its functionality. Purchased from William Sanoma.

https://youtu.be/4lRqfOaYJ68

https://youtu.be/Ie2iqPvnyfo

Might even work in the LD but it isn’t small. May make a good replacement for the microwave.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
I've used one of those for several years now... I'd put one in the LD if there was enough counter space for it!   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Hey Kent and Lazy Bones,
Thanks for getting back.   We have this very toaster oven here at home.  It is used a lot!  Just trying to decide on something smaller to carry in the LD.  Have a good evening.
Bill
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Reply #6
"How about this one?"

Long long ago Andy and I each had one of those... while it appeared to be the wisest choice at the time it turned out to be terrible. Mine sounded like half a keg of nails vibrating in a steel drum.  :o

Neither Andy or I kept them very long, mine wound up on a 'Freeby' table at a GTG. I've always wondered what the new owners thought of it.  :(

Today I use a conventional four slice toaster.   :D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #7
A number of us bought the Toastation a few years back. It's a good toaster oven and a decent toaster, but its main virtue from my point of view is that it's compact, and thus possible to fit in the limited counter space of most Lazy Dazes. You can read more about it in this archived Yahoo thread.

"Neither Andy or I kept them very long"

If you're talking about me, I still have mine. I'm not using it at the moment, because with my current 99% dry-camping lifestyle, a 1,300 W appliance is not super-practical (I don't carry a microwave oven, either), and my Force 10 propane stove has a broiler element up top that does a decent job of toasting. But I still like the Toastation. It does rattle when you're going down the road, but I expect any toaster oven with a hinged lid and a metal tray is going to do that.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #8
"How about this one?
Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 22720 Toastation Toaster Oven: Kitchen & Dining

I think other LDers have bought this one in the past.  Dimensions: 8.86 H x 16.22 W x 8.46 D"

Hubby built a little shelf under the dinette in our 2005 RB, and our Toastation rides there on a no-slip pad.  We haven't used it often, but it works fine.  I found a smallish glass pan that holds half a recipe of cornbread, and use it mostly for that purpose.

Unfortunately it is discontinued, but I have found that my Cuisinart Oven Central is about the most versatile appliance I have ever owned.  Two show up on eBay with $200. and $359. price tags.  I paid $65. from BuyDig several years ago, so not sure why the price is so high.

If you ever see one for sale, please tell me where!!!  ;->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3DrzDpVlQ

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona
   Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Today:  Steamed Fried Eggs