Skip to main content
Topic: What is this? - under coach... (Read 262 times) previous topic - next topic
What is this? - under coach...
So while laying under the coach exploring it, I saw something I had no idea what it was (neither did hubby, he knows more about cars then I do).

What is this?

Round cylinder part is metal, more squarish feels more like plastic.
Attached (held up by that metal bracket) roughly middle of coach (side to side, and back to front).
So many interesting things under that coach. :D
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Re: What is this? - under coach...
Reply #1

What is this?
Attached (held up by that metal bracket) roughly middle of coach (side to side, and back to front).

Looks like a pump of some sort, there is a hose or line, coming out of the right side.
Tracing the hose, to see where it is going, should help determine what is it
Does you LD have hydraulic levelers?
The fuel pump should be in the tank, so that's not it.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Yes we have levelors though last owners said they needed maintenance or something to get then working well again (not yet looked at).
Jane & Scott

We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #3
Yes we have levelors though last owners said they needed maintenance or something to get then working well again (not yet looked at).

Looks like you have found the leveler's hydraulic, 12-volt pump.
The fluid reservoir and cylinder control solenoids must be located elsewhere.

Larry
Larry

Reply #4
So while laying under the coach exploring it, I saw something I had no idea what it was (neither did hubby, he knows more about cars then I do).

What is this?

So many interesting things under that coach. :D

This may not be normal but if any owners have never explored under your rig, I highly recommend you do so if you have the ability.  It can be quite a learning experience!  

For those buyers of a new LD, the best time to do it is when everything is clean and shiny.  For those purchasing used, a good underneath inspection is essential. 

Bring your coveralls, a good flashlight, and a camera to document what you find under there.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
Goggles/safety glasses with side shields... unless you're in a gravity-free environment.
2000 Front Lounge

Reply #6
I may be totally off base here, but isn't there an in-line fuel filter about mid way of the frame rail. I seem to recall that from the '84 and '94 Ford Club Wagons I've owned.   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #7
"isn't there an in-line fuel filter about mid way of the frame rail"
----
The inline fuel filter on my 2003 is on the inside of the frame rail in the general vicinity - a little to the rear, if I remember right - of the driver side door; I think the location is the same on all E-350 and E-450 Fords?
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
I may be totally off base here, but isn't there an in-line fuel filter about mid way of the frame rail. I seem to recall that from the '84 and '94 Ford Club Wagons I've owned.  ::)

The 1989 Chevy G-30- uses an in-tank fuel pump and a in-line fuel filter,  just like the E-series Fords.
The fuel filter is a small diameter, metal can.
The photo shows a electric motor mated to a hydraulic pump, the hose and electric wiring provide the clues, as well as the access ports to the pump's check valves.

Larry
Larry

Reply #9
The one in our picture is about 1' or more total length and 4-5" across.
We will put that on our things to trace - we are focusing on what makes boondocking easier and safety issues.

Levelers and under/over gear are on our "need checking out and some work"' list..

Jane

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Jane & Scott