Skip to main content
Topic: Will truck seats fit? (Read 168 times) previous topic - next topic
Will truck seats fit?
Has anyone changed out the driver and passenger seats for truck seats?
I've found a set of leather seats out of a 1999 F250 and wondering if they would fit ok.
I find the LD Ford seats very uncomfortable and am wanting to replace them before our Alaska journey next year.  Any suggestions?
2004 26.5 MB
Enjoying retirement traveling, Rzr riding, photography, and of course the 2 grand girls!

Re: Will truck seats fit?
Reply #1
Has anyone changed out the driver and passenger seats for truck seats?
I've found a set of leather seats out of a 1999 F250 and wondering if they would fit ok.
I find the LD Ford seats very uncomfortable and am wanting to replace them before our Alaska journey next year.  Any suggestions?

AFAIK, the E450 seats are taller and not interchangable with the pickups..
Many folks who dislike the seats have them worked over at a good upholstery shop .
The front of the seat cushion is cut down so it doesn't cut the circulation off in the legs.

I use a memory foam insert, placed to raise the center of the seat,  preventing the seat's front cutting into the bottom of my thighs.
My legs can go numb, after a long drive without the cushion.
Seat Cushion - Molded Gel+Memory Foam - Winplus
I found the cushion at Costco.
The same is done to the passenger side, plus the floor is raised, using wood, so my wife can flatly  touch the floor with her feet.

The shape of the seat is engineered by Ford as part of the Federally mandated safety regulations, the front lip is supposed to help prevent submarining, in case of a frontal collision .

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze