Skip to main content
Topic: 2013 led interior lites (Read 384 times) previous topic - next topic
2013 led interior lites
Hello,
Anyone know the manufacturer for LD interior led lites?

My kitchen LED lite almost comes on.  Swapping in a good led lite module does not fix problem.  I now suspect the LED driver is separate and bad.  Anyone know if the led driver is located on the back side of the fixture and if it is replaceable?

Thanks!
Michael
2013 31' IB

Re: 2013 led interior lites
Reply #1
Hello,
Anyone know the manufacturer for LD interior led lites?

My kitchen LED lite almost comes on.  Swapping in a good led lite module does not fix problem.  I now suspect the LED driver is separate and bad.  Anyone know if the led driver is located on the back side of the fixture and if it is replaceable?

Thanks!
Michael
What model is your 2013, Michael?

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Hi Chris,

My LD is a 31 foot island bed.

Michael
2013 31' IB

Reply #3
Have you called the factory, Michael? (909) 627-1219. They know their products and stock lots of old parts.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4

Michael

You may want to contact a reliable LED provider like M4 Products. They may not be familiar with the LD configuration but they certainly know the LED technology. I understand that their customer service is beyond reproach. From personal experience I know that some of their products have built in drivers and others have to be ordered separately.

M4 Products
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #5
I think the led lights used by the factory are made by Kaper II (bottom of the page) and the model numbers are...  Double L09-0111-NW, single L09-0110-NW. I bought some from the mothership and converted all the lights our 2005 MB to these lights.
2005 MB

Reply #6
Hello Bruce,

Thank you for providing the LD mfg of interior lites. Kaper 11 is indeed the mfg. 
While handling the lite assemblies, did you notice if there is a separate driver on the backside of the assembly.

Did LD indicate if they sell the led lite bulb modules separately?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

2013 31' IB

Reply #7
With our older rig, I have no familiarity with this light unit. However, instead of a driver, most 'bulb' units use a series resistor - three series-connected emitters sourced through a single resistor, repeat. If you see a number of these small, black, surface-mount resistors on the 'bulb' boards, then there is no driver. If BOTH bulbs are dim or acting erratically, I would look for a wiring, switch, or connector issue.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #8
Michael, I don't remember a separate driver and I don't think LD has just the bulb assemblies. You could get a replacement fixture from them and just replace the bulbs from the new fixture into your old fixture.
2005 MB