Skip to main content
Topic: Atwood/Wedgewood Replacement Range Grill/Grid? (Read 106 times) previous topic - next topic
Atwood/Wedgewood Replacement Range Grill/Grid?
My range grill that goes over the top of the burners) is the original in my 1998 Lazy Daze.  I do have the original paperwork and the model is MPD 56280.  I don't suppose there's any chance in finding a replacement?  The one I have is sagging in the middle and turns red when the burner is lit. 

I'm thinking if it's too old and I can't find something close, I'll get someone to fabricate one for me while I'm still here in Mexico.

Suggestions?
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: Atwood/Wedgewood Replacement Range Grill/Grid?
Reply #1
Hi Cheryl;      Sagging in the middle and red hot sounds like the burner is too hot. I have a '99 TK, probably the same range top grill. I've never noticed the grill being red-hot. The middle burner is a higher temp burner. Do the other two burners also get the grill really hot? I would want to check your gas pressure out of the regulator. Burner on the water heater might give a visual clue. The oven burner might also. If you do find a new grill I would hate to melt that down too.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
I'm also looking for a grill..same issues, same year..let me know if you find anything, OK? Also, want to chat with you about where you are..thinking of heading that way in a couple of weeks At 10:53 AM 2/7/2018, you wrote:

My range grill that goes over the top of the burners) is the original in my 1998 Lazy Daze. I do have the original paperwork and the model is MPD 56280 >. I don't suppose there's any chance in finding a replacement? The one I have is sagging in the middle and turns red when the burner is lit.
I'm thinking if it's too old and I can't find something close, I'll get someone to fabricate one for me while I'm still here in Mexico.
Suggestions?

Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Posting Information:

desertdivanm started the topic 'Atwood/Wedgewood Replacement Range Grill/Grid?' on the 'Lazy Daze Renovations & Improvements' Board.
You can reply to this email and have it posted as a topic reply.
LDO Links:

index.php?action=notifyboard;board=4.0 Regards, The Lazy Daze Owners Team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "CHERRYOTTE" our litte red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Reply #4
THANKS!! That was fast..grin!
At 12:26 PM 2/7/2018, you wrote:

Hello Gini. The best price I've found for our stove top grate is:

Atwood Wedgewood | 52890 | RV Stove 3 Burner Grate

I'm also certain that if you contact them with your particulars, they'd help you determine if the above grate fits or if they have one that will fit.

You can reply to this email and have it posted as a topic reply.
LDO Links:

index.php?action=notifyboard;board=4.0 Regards, The Lazy Daze Owners Team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "CHERRYOTTE" our litte red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."