Skip to main content
Topic: FYI 12 Volt Jensen RV TV (Read 284 times) previous topic - next topic
FYI 12 Volt Jensen RV TV
There have been requests in the past for help locating a flat screen 12 volt tv for the LD.

Our ‘15 RB came with a 12 Volt Jensen Flat Screen. The picture is good for what it is. There was, at one time not too long ago, I believe, a concern that the Jensen 12 Volt TV had been discontinued.

On a whim, I just checked Amazon and found a 12 Volt Jensen 19” 1080p TV on sell for about $200. Personally, I may pick one up just as a back up.

Here are some screen shots of said Jense.

Just an FYI.

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: FYI 12 Volt Jensen RV TV
Reply #2
Have the Naxa noted above. Got a 22” Supersonic because, we’ll, it’s 22” and fits in the TV space like it has always belonged. The picture is okay but not great and the sound is awful. May go back to the Naxa. Sound is far better but the picture is probably a notch below the Supersonic.

Decisions, decisions.
Ruby, the red 2004 26' RK hauling Dave and Kristine hither and yon

Reply #4
As Bill said. Our Majestic has performed well for a couple of years. Decent HD, but not Super HD. Well built (intended for boats), native 12v and low draw. 
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #5
On a whim, I just checked Amazon and found a 12 Volt Jensen 19” 1080p TV on sell for about $200. Personally, I may pick one up just as a back up.

Kent, note that the screen resolution is listed as 1366 X 768. Whereas this TV may display sources with 1080p format, it will not do so in 1080p resolution, which would be 1980 X 1080 pixels. Most likely it down-converts to 1280 X 720 display. There are many small sets with true 1080p resolution.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #6
Thanks Steve,

As this particular Jensen is a 19” and my current set is a 24”, it won’t make a great replacement for this application. Never a good idea to go smaller in the world of TV viewing.

Larger is always better. Hmmm...maybe a 65” would fit?

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #7
Ken Said, “Larger is always better. Hmmm...maybe a 65" would fit”.
You could always put it on the roof and then angle it just so to provide the downforce that will make the RV stick to the pavement lime the race car you drove as a teen when  you go down the east side of those mountains talked about in another thread.  You know everything in the LD serves more than one job.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #8
Ken Said, “Larger is always better. Hmmm...maybe a 65" would fit”.
You could always put it on the roof and then angle it just so to provide the downforce that will make the RV stick to the pavement lime the race car you drove as a teen when  you go down the east side of those mountains talked about in another thread.  You know everything in the LD serves more than one job.
At 12 Volt TV, 12 Volt Refrigerators, Truck GPS, 12 Volt Appliances, My 12 Volt... one can purchase this: Jensen JTV24DC 24" LED DC Television
1   $197.55. Includes shipping and tax. Great upgrade from 19”plus it’s 12 volt.
James Allen Jackson