Skip to main content
Topic: A Cheap Fix for TV Audio (Read 156 times) previous topic - next topic
A Cheap Fix for TV Audio
We improved the TV audio by following a suggestion mentioned in several places and I call it the Cheap Audio Fix.  We purchased a 25' audio cable with two (2) male connections.  We connected one (1) plug to the radio's Aux. and the second in the TV's headphone connection and of course turned the radio source to Aux.  The TV's audio then came out of the speakers in the coach and the cab.  The TV's remote controls the volume as does the radio knob.   So now we have improved TV audio in both the dinette/kitchen area and the lounge in the MB.   We run the cable down the middle of the floor underneath a couple of throw rugs when using the TV, which is not elegant but it works.   The 25' cable (3.5 mm) cost  $5.99 ... a Cheap Audio Fix.

Re: A Cheap Fix for TV Audio
Reply #1
We have used the same technique as Ed and Margee for our RB...with a twist.

As the RB tv is able to pull out in front of the overhead, we often use a high quality Bluetooth speaker and connect a mini cable similarly to the tv and speaker. Placing the speaker in the overhead and directly behind the tv provides a well centered voice placement.

My brother has a nice Jayco Class C with a built in E-Center that he has recently upgraded to a flat panel tv. Upon my suggestion, he is currently trying a wireless Bluetooth transmitter from the tv to a Bluetooth speaker. I’m still waiting on his evaluation.

It’s nice to have audio options. Of course a good book is always nice alternative too. 🧐

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"