Skip to main content
Topic: Genealogy Primer (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic
Genealogy Primer
Rather than hi-jack the current thread, 'Colorado Destinations...' and in relation to my post on Estes Park therein, I thought I'd throw out another location of interest, however it is not in Colorado but rather the adjoining state of Wyoming.

Leaving Estes Park northward you would pass through Ft. Collins and bearing NW find yourself in Laramie, WY. Laramie is the location of the old Wyoming Territorial Prison. This venue, if you happen to find yourself in the area, is not to be missed. One of the early residents of this lockup was Butch Cassidy. Coincidentally while Cassidy was in residence there I also had a family member confined at that facility. This relative was female, by the name of Stella Gatlin, convicted of Mail Theft and serving a two year sentence.

If any of you folks who intend to be at the Morro Bay GTG in March are interested in the rest of the story I'd be glad to pull up a lawn chair and fill you in on the details.   :o   8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUTieDeAK0
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: Genealogy Primer
Reply #1
I've never met Lazy Bones but have always thought there might be a criminal element to him.  8)
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Genealogy Primer
Reply #2
"... have always thought there might be a criminal element to him."

Hey, no one is perfect!   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery