Skip to main content
Topic: Non-member Classified Listings - 2018 (Read 12284 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Non-member Classified Listings - 2018
Reply #51
It looks very clean and low miles i wonder what it sold for.
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Reply #52
An interesting "restoration."

1981 Lazy Daze 22, La Verne CA - - RVtrader.com

I'd enjoy looking at this one and visiting with the owner.
Yes, I would like to ask how they prepped the vinyl wood interior pieces to be painted, and what they were on when they chose the exterior color. 

Very thoughtfully done ad. One could have had the tires replaced at Costco and included “tire inflation system completely rebuilt with high-tech nitrogen” - certain to add at least $500 to the price.

Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #53
$18,500, for a 1981, I sure hope they hid some gold bars somewhere in there. :o
Considering we sold our clean 1983 22' LD, in 2002, for $8000, yes, it's way overpriced.
This happens a lot when people take an older RV, spend a lot of money upgrading the coach and then think it worth is a lot more, not taking into consideration that the chassis is still the same ancient design.
An 1981 LD also has a carburetor, which next to nobody works on anymore, and 3-speed transmission, so the engine spins at high RPMs, when cruising.
The lack of overdrive, along with a marginal cooling system caused the early death of many 350 V8s.
The poor 350 engines are basically beat to death, too small an engine for too much weight.
Our 1983 LD's 350 needed connecting rod bearings and a timing kit at 85,000 miles. While the coach was in great shape at 110,000 miles, the engine was close to needing  rebuilding. When purchased, at 55,000 miles, it was on its second transmission.

Having owned both older and newer LDs,  the later  (Ford E450s) are built much better, more dependable and will last much longer before major repair are needed.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #56

Also, for all the shoppers out there.  Buyers be cautious, this 1998 23' was posted in Michigan a few days ago, it just seems off in price and content. 

//saginaw.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1elderly-owner-1998-lazy-daze/6510245409.html

Here's the ad

Reply #57
We forget that we see lots of ads, done by people who know these motorhomes. The price at $9000 seems low, but a 20 year old motorhome, and a Lazy Daze, isn't a car.
   The refrigerator is only a two way. 110 VAC, and gas. The water heater is only gas, unless it was replaced with a different one.  And 6, not 8 gallons. The cabinet frames are wood, but the faces are printed vinyl, and well done. Ducted floor?. The heater is ducted with wall outlets. The phrase 'solid countertops' normally connotes tile, or stone, but fiberglass is certainly solid. The expendable table is expandable too. An A&E awning isn't a Fiamma, but is certainly a good awning.
   It appears to be a Ford E350, and should have a V10. I believe the generator was standard in 1998. An Onan Emerald II Plus. Also the Air con was standard, and I think the factory gave up on the swamp cooler that year. No word about other options. The TV wasn't included in the 23.5 models. The condition looks excellent, probably kept stored inside in Michigan. Very clean too. The roof probably needs resealing soon. Age of tires/spare unknown. Age of batteries. Maintenance records? Oil changed, brakes bled, inspected, Rubber hoses, belts, etc. My '99 frig still works, but could quit tomorrow, so could this one. Hours on the generator?
                      Greg, you said you were waiting for a short one!         RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #58
Thanks for keeping an eye out, Ron!  When the time comes, I'll be targeting a 2008 or newer chassis.  In the meantime, patiently waiting . . .
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #68
1999 extremely low miles.
 1999 lazy daze 18,000 original miles - rvs - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Wow, wasn't used much at an average of about 1,000 miles per year. That can't be good for seals, etc.  Wonder what the story is on it?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #73
"Evidently, they continue to increase in value."
----
Not necessarily; some sellers are very 'optimistic' with their pricing expectations!  ;) 
2003 TK has a new home