Skip to main content
Topic: Non-member Classified Listings - 2018 (Read 12309 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Non-member Classified Listings - 2018
Reply #150
I agree with you.  The flooring looks really great; Vince said it holds up really well and is pet friendly.

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #151
I agree with you.  The flooring looks really great; Vince said it holds up really well and is pet friendly.

Gary
Hmm, wouldn't doubt it. It's probably just like vinyl flooring in a house. More durable than carpet, but not quite as durable as tile. Tile, I'm sure is not practical in an RV for weight considerations.
I also like a non carpeted flooring with cool looking throw rugs down that can be swapped out if you get tired of looking at them.

Dee

Reply #154
Even if this 2001, 23.5' checks out as super clean, has been well-maintained, is leak and "issue" free, and has "guts" upgrades, its asking price is high; IMO, $20k would be the *max* selling price. (Maybe $21k if it's a real peach!)

YMMV, of course.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #155
Even if this 2001, 23.5' checks out as super clean, has been well-maintained, is leak and "issue" free, and has "guts" upgrades, its asking price is high; IMO, $20k would be the *max* selling price. (Maybe $21k if it's a real peach!)

YMMV, of course.

But Joan, it's the ultra-rare "Rear Twin" model!  ???
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #156
Yes, I have an ultra-rare "rear twin" sitting right next to the garage!  ;) 

(Actually, I think that the short rigs are the least popular LDs; AFAIK, far fewer are sold than the 27' and/or the 31', so maybe they are pretty rare!)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #161
Maybe they decided to stay 🤔
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #164
Or couldn't face driving back over the the Pan American Highway thru southern Panama's Darien Gap again  ;)

The LD was probably shipped around the Darien Gap. The ferry is now out of service, so there is no easy way to ship it back.
Panama to colombia car ferry xpress - WikiOverland

Several years ago, I found a copy of my old 1977 Chevy camper van's registration.
Googling the VIN, I found it had been driven or shipped to Costa Rica.
I doubt if it ever came home.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #165
2013 27' mid bath you don't see ones this new for sale very often.
Lazy Daze 27 ft. Mid Bath Class C RV - rvs - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Especially in Montana!  A bit overpriced but it is in Montana where the pickin's are a bit slim.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #166
"A bit overpriced ..."
---
By about $8-10k, but worth checking out and making an offer. Asking price is one thing; actual sale price is another. 
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #167
A bit overpriced but it is in Montana where the pickin's are a bit slim.

From what I see in my almost daily searches prices are higher than the lazy daze price guide in almost every case. I chock it up to supply and demand. With only at most a couple dozen used Lazy Dazes for sale at any given time. Owners seem to be asking premium prices. I consider that good news for current owners not so good if you're shopping for one.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #168
"From what I see in my almost daily searches prices are higher than the lazy daze price guide in almost every case. I chock it up to supply and demand..."
---
Certainly there is the issue of "supply and demand"when determining pricing, but I believe that a factor in setting an asking price for those who have a loan often directly correlates to the amount needed to pay off the lender.

RVs, even LDs, depreciate rapidly, and if an owner has a long-term loan, one with a high interest rate, or one with a penalty for early payoff, s/he may find him/herself in an "upside down" situation pretty quickly.  :(
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #169
Again these are asking prices we dont know what they actually sell for.
           JODY
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Reply #171
This appears to be another example of an overpriced LD.  Maybe it is due to the relative rarely in States other than CA?  If you read the description, there are some errors for sure:

"It's equipped with factory hydraulic leveling jacks" is simply not true.  The factory doesn't install hydraulic leveling jacks and most would think it is not a good idea with a 30 foot RV with limited CCC.  The blocks that most of us carry work best and weigh the least.
Another fallacy is "ducted (sp) air conditioning"...…………. I've never seen that either!

Best.

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #172
Ducted heat, yes.  Ducted air, no.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #173
"...equipped with factory hydraulic leveling jacks."

True! The factory does not install them, but mine were installed the same day I took delivery by a local outfit. And on my 30' I wouldn't be without them. Wait until you're eight + decades and see if I'm not right!

And as to 'ducts' I'm glad for mine, they move the warm air to all living spaces, particularly right at the base of the toilet bowl! Oh what a luxurious feeling first thing in the morning while sitting on that cold vessel.   :o   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #174
Correct on ducted heat, but when I read ducted air conditioning I didn't think of the heat as air conditioning.  As to your comment on being old and needing levelers; I never thought of you as old Steve!  I am starting to get it because I will no longer get down in the mud and slop to put my blocks out......................conditions have to be ideal! Lol!

Gary

2007 30' TB