Skip to main content
Topic: Generator question (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from How to Add Year and M...
Generator question
Not sure where this pesky switch is on a midbath, but there is a usually hidden reset breaker that lets the genset put energy to the rig. In my IB, it's under the frig, to the right under the bottom draw...midbath owners, where is yours? At 05:53 AM 12/29/2017, you wrote:

On: Wed Dec 27, 2017 Jaysbus Wrote: I have no 120,generator runs fine but electrical outlets and microwave are not clicking on,i checked the switch on the Onan 4000 and it is on! This is a 2004 midbath,I also cannot find a gfi outlet, please help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Re: Generator question
Reply #1
   Hi Jaysbus ; There is no GFCI outlet like you might be used to in a house. All of the outlets in your motorhome are protected in the motorhome by one GFCI circuit breaker located in your power distribution panel.  The tripped GFCI is indicated (same as all circuit breakers) by the handle being halfway between off and on. To reset it you must turn it off firmly, then back on.
   Since you say the microwave isn't working, it doesn't go through the GFCI. it may be the generator's circuit breaker. I was under the impression that this part is located on the generator itself. Accessible through the flip up door. The 50 Amp breaker I believe Gini was referring to is to protect the battery box, and wiring. In a MB, that is located  behind a removable panel, in the back of the storage compartment under the refrigerator.  (That is just in front of the battery box.)  I hope this helps. RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Generator question
Reply #2
Could also be caused by a bad transfer switch.
Troubleshooting electrical problems remotely is difficult.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze