Skip to main content
Topic: When will I get my Lazy Daze (Read 351 times) previous topic - next topic
When will I get my Lazy Daze
I'm sure this question has been asked a zillion times but I haven't yet found it here.  We called last summer (July) and got put on the list for a 24' new LD.  In October we sent in our "order" and check.  What, from your experiences, should we expect to hear that our LD is being built/ready to go.  And how much "lead" time will they give us.  We live in Illinois and with our schedules, will need some time to plan.  We are SO excited.

Re: When will I get my Lazy Daze
Reply #1
When your new LD will be ready can only be answered by the Mothership.
Delivery times are influence by when your bare, correct wheel-base chassis is received by LD and by the production order.
LD builds batches of the same floorpans to optimize their small property.

They will call you a few weeks before it is due to be completed.
Realize that Factory estimates are just that, estimates. Many LDs are delivered later than what was originally planned, ours included.
It does make it difficult to make long-term pick up plans.
You might plan for a delayed pick up, a few weeks later than the estimated Factory delivery date, letting them store it until you arrive.
This should take care of any delays.

Contacting LD directly is your best source of information.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
We are also in IL  (Central IL).

We got on the list in August and are asking for a 24 TK in December 2018 (to fit our plans).  Todd plans to contact us Junish for our order.

You might still be in for a Winter drive back to IL
Steve and Annette
2019 TK 24

Reply #3
Moved here from Site Instructional Guide as it's not about how to use the forum

Reply #4
We were on the notorious wait list since late last year.  We ordered our 2017 Rear Bath in July of this year, and submitted our deposit.  Because we opted to take one of the remaining 2017 chassis rather than wait for a 2018, they began our build straightaway.  Todd gave us a "November -- mid-December" delivery estimate.   He revised that just a few days ago to "more likely the week of 22 of January."   We have found him to be very responsive to emails, etc.   We live in the Bay Area, so even a couple of days notice will work for us, but he has assured us that he will give us two or three weeks notice.   We have no reason to believe otherwise.  Oh, also, we are opting for very few options, so presumably that should lessen the build time.
2017 RB

Reply #5
We ordered with with deposit, our 2017 27'MB in August of 2016 and it was completed for pickup on June 12, 2017.  I would have to guess that the wait list is at least 10 months.  It was a hard wait, but worth it as we've had a great time.
Have fun with your new baby.  8)  8)
David
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners