Skip to main content
Topic: The Ultimate? Weather Map (Read 406 times) previous topic - next topic
The Ultimate? Weather Map
I have loved maps all my life. I just discovered Ventusky. It shows me all I could want to know about weather. And there is an app you can get.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: The Ultimate? Weather Map
Reply #1
Cool map! Thanks!
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Very cool, indeed.  Though I might wish for more site info to get my bearings (counties/towns/etc.)--when I zoomed in it had St. Joseph on the west side of north Missouri, but no Hannibal on the east, though Quincey (Ill) north of Hannibal helped, and there's a feature that you can hover & it gives some GPS coordinates with some nearby towns that allowed me to find Chillicothe.

This is way better than the disappointing Weather Nation on Direct TV!

Thx--

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #3
I have too many cookie and tracker blockers for that map to work on my machine.    But I am a fan of  Weather Underground site.   I do understand the irony of a weather site that has Underground in it name.

Portland, OR Forecast | Weather Underground
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #4
Thanks Don,

That is a great weather tool, especially for the winds.

HD
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #5
Thanks Don,

That is a great weather tool, especially for the winds.

HD
I think it will prove useful when wondering what direction we should head. Showing the temp, wind, etc not just for a specific place at a specific time, but for a wide area should make for better-informed decisions.

The only thing I could ask for is a history of temps/wind for a  given place with a mouse click. For that Underground comes in handy.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #7
Indeed--"It's such fun!"  Though as I looked at north Missouri, in preparation for wending my way that direction, those purple & hot pink colors are so disheartening,   :P

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm