Skip to main content
Topic: New file uploaded to lifewithalazydazerv  (Read 300 times) previous topic - next topic
New file uploaded to lifewithalazydazerv
Reply #350
Yahoo Message Number: 72496
Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the lifewithalazydazerv group.

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/King (Quartzsite, AZ) Uploaded by : elh3946 elh3946@...> Description : 2004 23.5' Twin/King (Quartzsite, AZ)

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/King%20%28Quartzsite%2C%20AZ%29

To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files

Regards,

elh3946 elh3946@...>

Can this be true?!
Reply #351
Yahoo Message Number: 72561

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/King (Quartzsite, AZ) Uploaded by : elh3946 Description : 2004 23.5' Twin/King (Quartzsite, AZ)

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%
20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/King%20%28Quartzsite%2C%20AZ%29

elh3946
I was just catching up on a few days of LD messages and saw the above message. Can this be true?

Earl and Linda, are you guys really selling your Lazy Daze? I can't imagine you are going to sit in Quartzite all year long; what kind of rig are you getting for your future adventures? Enquiring minds want to know.;-)

Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Re: Can this be true?!
Reply #352
Yahoo Message Number: 72566
Earl and Linda, are you guys really selling your Lazy Daze? I can't imagine you are going to sit in Quartzite all year long; what kind of rig are you getting for your future adventures? Enquiring minds want to know.;-)

Steve K.

Steve, we may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but we're not so crazy as to spend the summers in Quartzsite! ;-)
 No, we have our place up for sale, and plan on returning to fulltiming.
I've updated our blog on our experiences...it's certainly been a rollercoaster the last couple of days...so if "inquiring minds" want to know, they can read it there rather than me going into all the details here.

Linda Hylton

2004 Red 23.5' TK http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

Re: Can this be true?!
Reply #353
Yahoo Message Number: 72568
Earl and Linda, are you guys really selling your Lazy Daze? I
can'timagine you are going to sit in Quartzite all year long; what kind of rig are you getting for your future adventures? Enquiring minds want to

know.;-)

Steve K.

Steve, we may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but we're not
so crazy  as to spend the summers in Quartzsite! ;-)

No, we have our place up for sale, and plan on returning to
fulltiming.  I've updated our blog on our experiences...it's certainly been a  rollercoaster the last couple of days...so if "inquiring minds" want to  know, they can read it there rather than me going into all the details here.

Linda I just visited your blog; Good luck with your new adventures! Interesting how life takes it twists and turns, isn't it? Hope you keep checking in with us Lazy Dazers.

Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #355
Yahoo Message Number: 72710
Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the lifewithalazydazerv group.
 File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/2002 26.5ft RB   MORRO BAY, CA Uploaded by : jjmsc11757 sailing1@...> Description : Excellent Cond., Loaded with Extras!

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/2002%2026.5ft%20RB%20%20%20MORRO%20BAY%2C%20CA

To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/files

Regards,

jjmsc11757 sailing1@...>

Reply #356
Yahoo Message Number: 73009
Hello,

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/For sale Uploaded by : memphisbluebell ejcobb@...> Description : 1992 Lazy Daze

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/For%20sale

Regards,

memphisbluebell ejcobb@...>

Reply #357
Yahoo Message Number: 73010
Hello,

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/1992 Lazy Daze - Memphis, TN Uploaded by : memphisbluebell ejcobb@...> Description : 1992 Lazy Daze 26 1/2 midbath

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/1992%20Lazy%20Daze%20-%20Memphis%2C%20TN

Regards,

memphisbluebell ejcobb@...>

Reply #358
Yahoo Message Number: 73041
Hello,

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/89 Rear Bath Uploaded by : garthbacon2001 garthbacon@...> Description : Great condition and set up for boondocking

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/89%20Rear%20Bath

Regards,

garthbacon2001 garthbacon@...>

Reply #359
Yahoo Message Number: 73123
Hello,

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/2001 LD 26.5 RearKitchen RK in Oregon Uploaded by : agibooks jackw@...> Description :

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/2001%20LD%2026.5%20RearKitchen%20RK%20in%20Oregon

Regards,

agibooks jackw@...>

Reply #360
Yahoo Message Number: 73501
Hello,

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/2006 Lazy Daze for sale Uploaded by : miszkr szulc@...> Description : Equipped with Datastorm satellite Internet.

You can access this file at the URL: files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/2006%20Lazy%20Daze%20for%20sale

Regards,

miszkr szulc@...>

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] New file uploaded to lifewithalazyda
Reply #361
Yahoo Message Number: 73515
Wow! This is Tioga George's friend from the Baja who tore out the couch and put in an office in the back.    Quite the opportunity to get a new MB without waiting.  Still, you'd have to want the modifications.

-- Jonna in Tortuga, 2001 Teal RB Find us MAPhttp://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1013> Follow the BLOG herehttp://www.baddog.com/blog/blog.html>
 On 3 Dec 2006 15:29:26 -0000, lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.comlifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello,

File        : / FOR SALE - Lazy Dazes/2006 Lazy Daze for sale Uploaded by : miszkr szulc@...> Description : Equipped with Datastorm satellite Internet.

You can access this file at the URL:
 files/%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20Lazy%20Dazes/2006%20Lazy%20Daze%20for%20sale

Regards,

miszkr szulc@...>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #362
Yahoo Message Number: 73516
"This is Tioga George's friend from the Baja who tore out the couch and put in an office in the back."

Jonna

Is it similar to Andy's MB? I didn't see any pictures.

Larry

Lashed to his chair to prevent being blown away by the winds.
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #363
Yahoo Message Number: 73521
wrote:
 Wow! This is Tioga George's friend from the Baja who tore out the couch and put in an office in the back. Quite the opportunity to get a new MB without waiting.  Still, you'd have to want the modifications.
--- Wonder why the fellow is selling a *very* customized 2006?  And George isn't interested? It would seem a good fit for him; $$$?

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Michel selling his LD - was New file
Reply #364
Yahoo Message Number: 73523
Jonna Harlan wrote:

Wow! This is Tioga George's friend from the Baja who tore out the couch and put in an office in the back.    Quite the opportunity to get a new MB without waiting.  Still, you'd have to want the modifications.
According to Michel's blog, in which he refers to himself in the third person:
 "On top of all this he has also made a major decision with far reaching consequences. The motor home bought March 3, 2006, he is selling.... the Lazy Daze motor home is beautiful. Very well made. Very luxurious. But he doesn't feel well in it. And it doesn't fit to his life style and where he prefers to exercise this. Someone else will be happier with his Lazy Daze motor home."
 http://www.michelszulckrzyzanowski.blogspot.com/

I'm curious whether his not feeling well in it is a physical/health thing or otherwise. Perhaps he'll chime in here and fill us in a bit more.

Fern
Fern Horst
Formerly owned:
1979 TK - "Dorie" (2007-2012)
2003 MB - "Absaroka" (2012-2019)

Reply #365
Yahoo Message Number: 73524
Larry wrote:

"This is Tioga George's friend from the Baja who tore out the couch and put in an office in the back."

Jonna

Is it similar to Andy's MB? I didn't see any pictures.

Larry
Larry, you can read about this renovation, which was done in Mexico, in Tioga George's website here:
 http://vagabonders-supreme.net/blog/2006_03_19_tioga-and-george_archive.html

and a picture of the finished desk here:
 http://www.vagabonders-supreme.net/blog/Office002_20Copy.jpg

Fern
Fern Horst
Formerly owned:
1979 TK - "Dorie" (2007-2012)
2003 MB - "Absaroka" (2012-2019)

Reply #366
Yahoo Message Number: 73525
Is it similar to Andy's MB? I didn't see any pictures....
George documented this project quite thoroughly in his blog, between March 19, 2006, and April 4. This is one extermely customized LD -- unlike Andy's desk, this one is a huge U-shape that replaced both of the rear sofas. I wonder if anything has been done towards restoring the original accomodations, especially since the file listing doesn't mention the custom work.

Joanne in Boston NE-44

Reply #367
Yahoo Message Number: 73526
"Larry, you can read about this renovation, which was done in Mexico, in Tioga George's website here:"

Fern

Thanks for the link.

The entire rear lounge was replaced with a U-shaped desk.
This LD is only going to interest a small group of potential buyers.
By removing both couches, he has eliminated the possibility of having overnight guests, unless they are short enough to sleep in the dinette.
 There is a lesson here. If you plan on extensive modifications to your LD, think about what you would do if your needs or desires change.
It would seem that the owner might have been a little too compulsive about the changes he made. He changed his mind in a short time about the usefulness of his newly modified LD. Perhaps money is not a consideration for him.

The rear lounge can be reconstructed but it will cost more than the $250 that was spent to change it. Maybe the old couches were saved.

Anyone looking for a mobile office?

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Michel selling his LD
Reply #368
Yahoo Message Number: 73529
There are several reasons why I am selling now my beautiful Lazy Daze.
But all those reasons have nothing to do with this motorhome. They are all concerning my work. For this I need to go places unaccessible for the LD and for this I have a Ford F-250 4x4 Summerwind camper.
However,

Re: Michel selling his LD
Reply #369
Yahoo Message Number: 73532
There are several reasons why I am selling now my beautiful Lazy Daze.
But all those reasons have nothing to do with this motorhome. They are all concerning my work. For this I need to go places unaccessible for the LD and for this I have a Ford F-250 4x4 Summerwind camper.
Sounds like you need an Earthroamer, http://www.earthroamer.com/

Reply #370
Yahoo Message Number: 73559
Thank you, Dave, for your suggestion to look into purchasing an Earthroamer. As a matter of fact, I did this quite some time ago.
Although the machine looks impressive, it is not practical and rather costly. If you have been using a Lazy Daze, and I still have the privilege, and you would move into an Earthroamer, you might need a psychiater to treat claustrofobia and to overcome the frustration to have spend an amount for which you can buy at least two new Lazy Daze's and nice flowers for your wife !

Originally a company

Reply #371
Yahoo Message Number: 73570
Thank you, Dave, for your suggestion to look into purchasing an Earthroamer. As a matter of fact, I did this quite some time ago.
Although the machine looks impressive, it is not practical and rather costly. If you have been using a Lazy Daze, and I still have the privilege, and you would move into an Earthroamer, you might need a psychiater to treat claustrofobia and to overcome the frustration to ......  snip....
Michel,

At first it sounded as though cost didn't matter to you but you mention in your reply to Dave that you are looking for reasonable cost equipment.

I'm sure you have considered all options and possibilities in decideing what will suit your needs, but just in case something is overlooked let me mention this....

There is a company called Quigley that does the approved conversions for Ford on their products. They ae located in PA. To convert your LD to 4x4 costs under $12,000, and they use all Ford parts. They say that they do only new untitled vehicles but I have seen work that they have done on almost new vehicles. Since yours is a 2006 they would probably be willing to do a conversion on it. They do all the 4x4 ambulances and beach school buses here, and our surfishermen's vans and motorhomes as well.  I realize that a converted LD may be too big for your use, but since you repeatedly mention 4x4 truck conversions I'd make sure you had considered this possibility.

Regards,

Don Howe 2002 MB Long Island
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #372
Yahoo Message Number: 73576

Although the machine looks impressive, it is not practical and rather costly. If you have been using a Lazy Daze, and I still have
the privilege, and you would move into an Earthroamer, you might need

psychiater to treat claustrofobia and to overcome the frustration Michel,

At first it sounded as though cost didn't matter to you but you mention in your reply to Dave that you are looking for reasonable
cost equipment.>>>

Michel, Have you looked into getting a Sportmobile Camper van 4x4 ? They are very popular for off-roading.  Happy Trails,  Penny

Reply #373
Yahoo Message Number: 73580
Hello,

File        : /RVing yard sale/Simulators For Sale Uploaded by : dnzmmr dzimmer@...> Description : Stainless Chevy Simulators For Sale

You can access this file at the URL: files/RVing%20yard%20sale/Simulators%20For%20Sale

Regards,

dnzmmr dzimmer@...>

Reply #374
Yahoo Message Number: 73600
"There is a company called Quigley that does the approved [4x4] conversions for Ford on their products."
 We talked about this option awhile ago when Gary Schroeder was contemplating doing an all-wheel-drive conversion on his rig. Larry summed it up pretty well in his message #70515:

The Dana 60 axle, used by Quadvan, will weigh 550-600 lbs. Add in the transfer case, new crossmember, new front driveshaft and whatever suspension modifications are needed.
The additional weight could be 800 to 1000 lbs. You should also add in the weight of a heavy duty winch (30,000 lb minimum rating), along with cables and anchors; another 300-400 lbs or more. The 17" wheels and tires may also add weight. To take full advantage of 4X4, larger wheels and tires should be installed which adds even more weight.
 It would appear that *most LDs will exceed their GVW* if fully equipped with 4X4.
[emphasis mine -- AB]
 The higher ride height will increase wind resistance. 4X4 vans have traditionally been known for poor gas mileage.
 We have driven both of ours LDs on washboard roads and the experience has been enough to convince us that LDs belong on decent roads. There is no way to keep the noise at a tolerable level. The insides of a MH vibrate like a large drum.
 My experience has shown that, with so much weight on the rear duals, a stock LD is able to go through sand and snow without a lot of problems.

All things considered, a 4X4 toad seems like a better alternative.

Gary sensibly decided to skip the all-wheel drive conversion, but did a lot of offroad driving anyway, including repeatedly fording streams when MS Streets and Trips led him off course. (He didn't carry any maps with him, depending solely on Streets & Trips.) Shortly thereafter, his refrigerator door fell off (!)...which lends authority to Larry's words of wisdom: "these rigs belong on decent roads." 'Nuff said. :-)

Andy Baird

Bottomless Lakes SP, NM
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"