Skip to main content
Topic: Bass Pro (Read 250 times) previous topic - next topic
Bass Pro
Although I've never set foot in a Bass Pro store, I understand they carry camping supplies so thought I'd pass this along.  Only the fifth store in California, coming soon to Bakersfield:

Bakersfield to become home to fifth Bass Pro Shops in California - turnto23.c...
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Bass Pro
Reply #1
Bass Pro and Cabela's just merged. Unknown how that is going to shake out!   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Bass Pro completed its acquisition of Cabela’s in late September; presently, the two entities maintain separate identities, web sites, and branded stores, but that *may* change as the merger ‘finalizes’.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
It seems to me that the big box sporting goods / hunting places are all selling pretty much the same things just branded differently.
I go to Sportsman's Warehouse and see brands they only sell. Go to Bass Pro, same thing. Cabela's and most of the others too.
They all go to China and have all this crap made, so they can sell it as cheap as possible.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #4
I always preferred Cabelas over Bass Pro. Cabelas had much better selection and prices at our local store. And got some great deals in their bargain cave.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #5
Since I'm not a hunter/fisher (LOL, guess that makes me a gatherer), I would have never gone to a Bass Pro, but ended up having a really nice meal with friends in one back in 2013 (the husband is a hunter).  There is one in Independence (a bit south of I-70 on the east side of the Kansas City Metro); they also have a sizable aquarium & taxidermy "zoo," which I've heard makes for a good indoor/rainy day kid outing...which probably gets parents to wander & buy stuff they didn't know they needed.   There is a Cabella's (built before the Bass Pro) on the West side of the Metro in a huge shopping area near the Kansas Speedway & minor league T-Bones stadium (again, near I-70); I don't know about their dining/entertainment options.

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #6
I once stayed at the Cabela's Headquarters RV Park in Sidney, NB. Arriving in a torrential rain storm I was dismayed to find that someone else was occupying my reserved site. The folks in the office were quite accommodating and at their peril of drowning led me to another suitable site. The frosting on the cake was when they told me my stay would be free because of their error.   :o   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #7
Stayed at that Cabela’s a number of times including on our way to the 50th anniversary hoe-down. The town of Sidney is shaking in their boots. A LOT of people in that town are going to lose their jobs.
Ruby, the red 2004 26' RK hauling Dave and Kristine hither and yon