Skip to main content
Topic: What is the last year LD model with escape hatch? (Read 339 times) previous topic - next topic
What is the last year LD model with escape hatch?
Then what year was an additional vent fan added over the bunk?

We are still looking for a low mileage 27’ mid bath or 31’ permanent twin beds probably 2012 or newer, ready to fly and drive.
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Re: What is the last year LD model with escape hatch?
Reply #1
According to Andy Baird's excellent online LD Guide (link here), the last year for the escape hatch was 2011.

Mark
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #2
Does anyone on this site consider the change a safety hazard? It means there is no emergency escape from the cab over bed.
Laurie - 2018 RB

Reply #3
Does anyone on this site consider the change a safety hazard? It means there is no emergency escape from the cab over bed.
For me it is not a safety hazard.  If I were able to get out of the hatch in a fire so bad that I could not get out of the door I don't know that I would make the trip off the RV.  It is all relative to your physical condition and age.  At first I regretted the idea of loosing the safety hatch but given how we use the RV I would rather have a Max Air fan and vent there.  We sleep in the two beds near the big windows.  I think at least my wife if not both of us could get out the windows.
Also no other manufacturer does a escape hatch.  I wonder if LD discontinued the hatch as much because they could no longer source a vent that large.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
An interesting link. The Hengs 17 x 24 lid  $62 Amazon appears to be the exact same lid I just paid $125+tax to Lazy Daze. Replaced an escape hatch lid on a 2001 MB. On my 23.5 TK I use the hatch (slowly ooze through) to clean my solar panels. Certainly wouldn't try to get out of, or through, quickly.  Amazon sells the complete hatch for less than $100, if you wanted to put one in a coach that didn't come with one. I'm still looking for one where the lid opens completely flat onto the roof while keeping the screen in place. RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB