Skip to main content
Topic: LD Warranty Work (Read 173 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Warranty Work
What is the process with getting LD warranty work done if owner lives far from the factory?  Any experience with this?

We live in Michigan.

Ron
Ron and Linda
Ada Michigan

Re: LD Warranty Work
Reply #1
Only warranty item I had when new was a problem generator which was fixed for free by the local Onan dealer.

Everything else I'm the warranty!! My wife thinks it's funny that I tinker on Ruby so much but I tell her I don't hire people to play golf and then tell me how it felt, why would I hire someone to work on ol' Ruby-girl?!?! Ruby was in for that, engine maintenance and one balky fridge item that I eventually fixed myself.

Knock wood after 13 years!!!!
Ruby, the red 2004 26' RK hauling Dave and Kristine hither and yon

Reply #2
"What is the process with getting LD warranty work done if owner lives far from the factory?"

If the problem is an appliance, i.e. Fridge, Water Heater, etc. each manufacturer has their own warranty. If it's a Ford problem your contact should be Ford.

If it relates to the coach, the structure that LD created, then you need to call the factory and outline the problem to them. Usually they will authorize work through a remote service facility.    ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Excellent! Thank you for the comments. Seriously leaning toward 31IB with dinette. Todd says they haven’t built one in a while.

Ron
Ron and Linda
Ada Michigan

Reply #4
"Seriously leaning toward 31IB with dinette."

Ron & Linda

As it happens that is the exact model I have, albeit a '04, 30'IB. In the 13 years I've had it on the road I believe that the dinette has been in the 'expanded' mode a total of twice, once for show and once for use. However I need to say that if you normally travel with only two, those seats are much more useful than the barrel chairs and there's a lot of storage underneath each seat. It's easy enough to seat three with the third at the end of the table. Should you need the extra space that expansion would provide you can actually seat five, with the final one seated on the couch at the end of the table.

People tend to disparage the 30/31' because of an alleged lack of CCC but I have unused storage and with frequent weight checks I have never been overweight.

One thing you must keep in mind is the 'tail swing' which is a result of the 11' of overhang behind the rear wheels. Don't crowd the gas pumps and watch closely when pulling away from them.  :o 
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!