Skip to main content
Topic: Another LD Love Story (Read 222 times) previous topic - next topic
Another LD Love Story
We're next to a 1957 restored Shasta trailer.  Owners are from Michigan and did a 100% of the work.  They are not fond of MH's. The wife asked if she could take a peek at our LD.  Within 5 minutes she turned to her husband and said we need to get one of these.  Of course they should. 

Re: Another LD Love Story
Reply #1
I love the old Shasta's with the "wings."  Hope they are not pulling it with that BMW motorcycle!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
Back in my High School days, my Father allowed me stay in the Aljo TT in the back yard. Before that he let me spend the summer in the Truck Camper on its stands in the side yard.

Like many of us, I got RV fever at a very young age. My big dream at the time was to live in a trailer park. I liked the small community feel. My folks had a friend who had a TT in Balboa, I believe (I was very young at the time). It was right on the water. I fell in love with the portability of the RV lifestyle.

Took my portable home to Big Bear this week. Weather is great. Sun is bright and the solar is spot on.

Saw this cute TT in the Full Hookup loop a few minutes ago. Very cool looking rig if not just a bit on the smallish side.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #4
Yum... 1978 R100RT with Russell Daylong aftermarket seats and Krauser bags.  Very nice.  It should easily outlast the trailer and continue to appreciate in value while providing its owner with years and miles of riding and smiles. Airhead BMW's increase in value every year, are fun to ride, stone reliable, and fixable by anyone who has even a modicum of mechanical ability.  They are very unlike anything else on the market today.

We keep a 1976 R90S purchased from the original owner, carefully restored, and ridden regularly.  It is a pleasure to ride, although we put the big miles on the '09 R1200GS.  Boats, bikes, and Babe...  Other than Babe, motorcycles are the most wonderful of youthful obsessions...

HD

2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #5
So we've been out but twice so far in our LD.  First time, I had folks stopping by not so much to speak with me, but to tell their companions all about what makes LDs different from the rest.  And the guy didn't even have a camper.  Next outing, the site next to us had two different occupants pass through.  Both were in newer units, and both came over to learn more about LDs.  The were shocked it was 17 years old... and I hadn't even washed it yet. 

Chip
2000 Front Lounge

Reply #6
We were in Flagstaff three days ago and the couple in the space behind us in an Airstream TT came over to tell us that their first RV had been a mid 80's Lazy Daze and that they had loved it. They said that they used that Lazy Daze more than any other RV they have had.

HD
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life