Skip to main content
Topic: Bluetooth pairing to JVC stereo? (Read 197 times) previous topic - next topic
Bluetooth pairing to JVC stereo?
I have a JVC stereo (original equipment, I assume from Lazy Daze) in our 2014 27MB.  I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to either pair my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone to the stereo via the Bluetooth, or connect it via the USB connection and neither will connect and allow me to play my music through the stereo.  I did put the little Bluetooth widget in the USB socket when trying to pair the bluetooth.  When I hit the "source"button, "BT Rear" will display, but the phone doesn't see a signal but  "USB iphone/phone" display will not come up on the stereo display when I connect the phone to the stereo with the USB connection.
I did a reset on the stereo to see if it was befuddled, but it dodn't change anything.

Any ideas?  What am I missing or doing incorrectly?

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Re: Bluetooth pairing to JVC stereo?
Reply #1
Harold,

As there have been no responses to your inquiry, I took a look at YouTube for a possible answer to your problem.

Our ‘15 LD has a Sony in dash so I have no personal knowledge to share in regards to your JVC, but there are a few videos on the subject. Here’s one:    https://youtu.be/fpWNSZRLUvA

Hope there is something useful here. Best of luck.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
Thanks Kent,

I'm still at it and I'll check the videos.

HD
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #3
When I took delivery in 2011, bluetooth on the JVC was an option--are you sure you have it? ...and some older bluetooth (2009 Pathfinder) works only for phone calls, not music audio.

Lori Youngs
2011 24FL
Lori Y
2011 24FL

Reply #4
To play music from your Samsung, use the AUX jack on the JVC. The USB doesn't work for our Samsungs.

Lori Y
2011 24FL
Lori Y
2011 24FL

Reply #5
Than you Lori,
That is useful information. I haven't  been able to get the Bluetooth or the USB to pair the Samsung with the stereo.  I'll  try the aux jack next.
HD
2014 27 MB
Happy wife=Happy life