Skip to main content
Topic: Newbie: No power inside LD (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic
Newbie: No power inside LD
Sorry for the double post. I think this topic is more active, and I supposed to go camping today.

I was packing to go camping this am, and I have no power inside the RV.
Yes, I'm a newbie.

I have taken 2 short overnight trips in the LD, with no problems. This has not been a problem until today. Even the generator sounds 'anemic' as it tries to start, and won't kick on. I suspect it is the batteries (I have 2.) I have kept the RV batteries properly filled with distilled water. I have 2 solar panels. The RV is sitting largely in shade, thanks to my shaded driveway.

Do you have any idea what I've done? Do the solar panels just need to get in the direct sun? Is there any switch I may have inadvertently flipped (I don't have the switch for turning off the RV batteries.)  If I just start driving, will the Ford charge the RV batteries?

Thanks,
Denise
'05 RB

Re: Newbie: No power inside LD
Reply #1
"Do you have any idea what I've done?"

Yes, I believe you have let the coach batteries get too low. This would prevent the generator from starting.

I'm assuming that you can start the engine so here's what I recommend... start the engine, leave it in 'Park' and then try starting the generator. The extra juice from the alternator should give the generator that extra boost it needs.

And, yes again, driving the RV will recharge both the engine and coach batteries. Good luck!   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: Newbie: No power inside LD
Reply #2
Thank you SO SO much!!!!!! You saved my day!