Skip to main content
Topic: What name did you give your RV? (Read 358 times) previous topic - next topic
What name did you give your RV?
Curious what other have named their LD RV? My new to me LD is a red and white color so I may play off that. And it seems to be dwarfed by much larger RVs wherever we have parked, so my sister suggested L'il Red. Yours?
2006 RB

Re: What name did you give your RV?
Reply #1
SK-POD. Our previous SOB was named Perfect Tommy.
fu
2015TK

Reply #2
"Curious what other have named their LD RV? My new to me LD is a red and white color so I may play off that. And it seems to be dwarfed by much larger RVs wherever we have parked, so my sister suggested L'il Red. Yours?"

We, too, played off the color.  Our grey and white beauty is called "Dorrie Anne".  And then named my blog after the Lazy Daze!

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona
   Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Today:  Chicken and Sausage Soup

Reply #3
I've got a red and white shortie too, which I've dubbed my Little Red Wagon, or just 'Red' for short.  Back when I used to camp in a tent and sleep on the ground I had a red radio flyer wagon that I would use for hauling gear around the campground.  Red is just a bigger version of my wagon lol.
Hi, I'm Jo!
My little red wagon is a 1997 23.5 TK

Reply #4
The Grey Ghost.

Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #5
Maybe 60 years of working on cars and other machines has jaded me.
Names are given to living things, last time I checked, our LD was not alive.
We simply call it the "Lazy Daze" or its nickname, the "motorhome",  YMMV

They do feel like family when it comes time to get rid of them.
Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #6
Mine was LD671 since the number "671" was on the overhead cab when I purchased it from Rob H.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
I named mine Towanda after the movie Fried Green Tomatoes when Iggy would yell "Towanda!" when she was going on her adventure or feeling her oats
2004 MB

Reply #8
I tend to be in Larry's camp on this one...that is until we got our LD.

My DW and I thought long and hard about this very important decision and came up with "Miss B. Haven" as a reflection on our behavior and our little K9 companions.

That being said, my DW tends to refer to the LD as "the trailer" and I float between "the LD, RV or MotorHome" and seldom call 'er by her given name.

Just in case I forget our sweethearts name I placed it on her license plate frame as such..."Miss B. Haven In Our Lazy Daze".

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #9
I'm with Larry; my LD is nameless. I hope her feelings aren't hurt.  :D
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #10
I'm with Larry; my LD is nameless. I hope her feelings aren't hurt.  :D
If you did name it, your dog would be jealous and would never let you forget it.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #12
"Albatross" for our gray TK, but mostly it's just "the rig."  -- Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #14
We call ours "Baby Bug" because she reminds us of a cute snail and is so much smaller than our old unit which was called "The Big Behemoth".

Corky
24'TK
2013 TK

Reply #15
"If you did name it, your dog would be jealous and would never let you forget it."
---
It's true! Princess Diva Dog "I am the center of the universe and therefore must have constant attention and catering to my every wish" does not share!   ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #16
Ours- Lazy Daze, the Rig, When we are talking about our lifestyle, we call it "The Motorcoach"
We have tried t name it, but can't bring ourselves to think of it as a being.
However, we don't call anyone "the wife".
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #17
Wellll...red/burgandy and minty white.."her" name is Cherryotte...:-) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "CHERRYOTTE" our litte red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Reply #18
Names surely aren't limited to "beings."  We do name boats and ships and warplanes. And then, somehow, they're all referred to as "she."  Hmmmm. -- Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #19
We call our LD, Bella since we think she is lovely.  Realizing that naming inanimate objects is very personal, I still think she likes to be named.  I harken back to the tradition from boating where all vessels are named for identification.  Just works for me.

Happy Trails,

Jules
'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess

Reply #20
I was also thinking of our Documented vessels.  USCG requires a name.  Our sportfisher's name is "Wasabi", and that's what we call her.  Perhaps a name will evolve as we gain familiarity with our LD.
Jeff
2017 MB

Reply #21
For what it's worth, our toad named itself Xenu from the license plate beginning with XNU. So far it's kept us safe from invading space emperors.
fu
2015TK

Reply #22
See the signature. 😁
Ruby, the red 2004 26' RK hauling Dave and Kristine hither and yon

Reply #23
Name we had inscribed on the owners plate is Idyll Daze.
2016 MB "Idyll Daze"

Reply #24
I've already named the RV, that is not yet mine, Esther. She is named after my Grandma Esther, who always just seemed so sensible and down-to-earth.

PS - am looking for advice on my virgin RV/Lazy Daze trip from Milton, Fl to Waterloo, IA to Duluth, MN to Williston ND, then back home to Louisville, CO.

Cecilia
2007 24' FD