Skip to main content
Topic: Horrible selection of photos on website...how do you choose?? (Read 777 times) previous topic - next topic
Horrible selection of photos on website...how do you choose??
I am interested in LD, but don't live anywhere near CA and it appears LD doesn't attend the rv shows.... so how do you make a decision on a model by just looking at their website?  The photos are limited, and there is no video or 360 views of the coaches like other brands offer to get a feel for them.  It's a bit frustrating.  Anyone have a suggestion?
Besides flying to CA, which isn't an option.  Thanks. 

Re: Horrible selection of photos on website...how do you choose??
Reply #1
LD has not done a serious upgrade to their website in, maybe, decades.
Their sales are booked for years ahead and they have no incentive or desire to make the site any better.
Steve is definitely a 'pre-internet' type of guy.

If you looks at the "Media" files, you will find many interior and exterior photos.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Through this site you may be able to find an LD, or two,  in your area that you could look at.  Frank
plan B - 2023 Travato

Reply #3
Also, if you look online under a simple Lazy Daze search, there are plenty of pictures of different units that either are for sale or have been in the past. This can help greatly with comparing and getting a "feel" for the different layouts.
Have fun and good luck!
1992 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath - Red and Cream

Reply #4
There  are a number of regional LD groups that have get-togethers periodically during the year.  For those of us east of the Mississippi, this is often the best place to view different LDs.  The west coast groups gather nearly monthly, while the North East and South East groups gather twice per year.  There is a Great Lakes regional group, but I don't know if they have a web site or not, so cannot determine when or if they meet.  Many of us visited the factory in Montclair before putting our money down.  I can assure you that the money you spend on a new rig, does not go into creature comforts or fancy digs at the factory.
2011 MB

Reply #5
  Many of us visited the factory in Montclair before putting our money down.  I can assure you that the money you spend on a new rig, does not go into creature comforts or fancy digs at the factory.

I agree the LD web site is not the most up to date type.   But and this is a big one the site 'tells' the truth.   I have no idea how old those images are but they pretty much tell the story.   It's more what is 'missing' that is the problem.   I'm referring to images of the storage, solar panels,  and other small details.   IMHO the site was not design as a sale pitch but this is what we sell.

<smile> It would be nice if the factory had more comfortable chairs in the waiting room.   Our cats and I were not the most relaxed while waiting for a warrant repair. 

personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #6
Wait, they have a website?

I thought their most recent technological upgrade at the Mothership was the push button phone installation. (JK)

Seriously CKK, if you tell us where you live, you may find owners to meet with who will be proud to give tours.  The media files here are extensive and cover the good, the bad and the ugly. Brags, questions, repairs. Nothing like a marketing video tour by a salesman though.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #7
Ahh CKK, I just ran across your other post telling us you are in the Bluegrass. And have one offer to meet up already- good luck!
You mentioned Tampa RV show, how far will you travel to see LDs in person? What kind of timing and what vintage Lazy Daze wuould interest you?
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #8
Not sure where you are, but Marie and I have a 2017 27'MB that we waited 10 months to pick up from the mothership.  When we had boiled it down to LD and Born Free, we visited both factories.  The first was Born Free in Iowa.  We were living in the Twin Cities at that time, so it was only a three-hour drive.  We were impressed.  The "showroom" was spotless and huge and there were several BFs in the process of being built, though none available to test drive.  We then flew to California and the difference in the shops was huge; I was shocked when I first so the mothership, but once we got inside, talked to Todd, saw the process, (my wife is a retired GM engineer so knows the process), test drove one, we realized we had found our "dream-machine".  We are now in our 2nd month of a five-month adventure.  We're north of Detroit for the next two weeks and then on Cape Cod from the 2nd week in September through the first week of October.  There is a NE LD gathering on the Cape in September.  We'll be back in Sebring, Florida (south of Orlando) in November for the winter (about 90 minutes from Tampa) and if you are anywhere near those places, we'd be happy to show you Bossa Nova.  I'm sure she'd be happy to see you.
David and Marie 8)
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #9
As others pointed out, you can probably find one to look at that won't be too far from where you live.  That is how I met Ted and Liz, before I was a LD owner.  They were passing through NJ and we arranged a visit.  Thanks again, guys.

Even if you cannot find one to look at, you said a visit to California was not in the cards.  Just so I understand you, you are considering a $90K investment and you are not going to invest in a few days' trip to California?  Once it was my time to purchase one, I flew from NJ to CA, checkbook in hand, with the intent to spend a day there looking at models, then if they met my needs, ordering one.  That was July 25, 2008, and I took delivery of my MB on November 6, 2008, with absolute certainty that I was making the right move.

While I had been leaning toward a LD, until my visit to the factory, I was unwilling to make a decision without spending time in multiple models.  I think that for anyone considering purchasing a LD, there is significant value in a factory visit, even if you are planning to buy used.  Without comparing multiple models, how can you be sure which you prefer?  How can you know you are not "settling" for the first nice used one that you find?  A get together, where you can see multiple models is one way, but I think the best way to educate yourself is with a trip to the factory.

Ken F in WY

'08 MB

Reply #10
Do be aware, that if you visit the factory they almost surely will not have one of every model for you to look at.
In fact, they may have only one or two available if it's a model year change.
Be sure to call ahead.

Reply #11
In February 2017, while visiting my manager in Palm Desert, we rented a car for the day and visited the LD factory. The only available finished model to view was a beautiful mid-bath.  There was a 24' framed up and in progress in the factory area.

We enjoyed about 2-1/2 hours of looking at every inch of the coach.

Our first time driving on a California freeway.  That was fun too - a lot different than North Dakota!
Respectfully --  Jay & Shari

2022 — 31’ Twin Bed

Reply #12
I just figured out how to find my post and saw the replies.... so thanks everyone for the input.  Now I have to figure out how to find my other post about seeing one near KY (I waded thru days of posts to find this one - guess I don't know how to search or find my posts any other way).  Thanks again. 

Reply #13
Well, I really hate this site.... I absolutely cannot find my other post requesting someone in my area contact me, and evidently someone has.  Why is this so hard to navigate around???

Reply #14
Click on your avatar (the picture outline over CKK to your left.
You''ll go to a page that has a section called "Profile", and under that, "Activity."
Click on "Show Posts".
You'll see all four of your posts.
Click on the title of the post that shows an underline when you mouse over it. (In this case, it will say    Re: (whatever post title you'd like to view.))
That'll take you to whichever post you wish to see...

Hopefully the days of posts were at least interesting to read!

Good luck!
Chip
2000 Front Lounge

Reply #15
Well, I really hate this site.... I absolutely cannot find my other post requesting someone in my area contact me, and evidently someone has.  Why is this so hard to navigate around?

I really love this Forum which is not sponsored and is free to join.  I'm a 71 year old average Internet User and this Forum is not difficult for me to navigate.  On the other hand, I am unable to answer your question as to why it's hard for you to navigate.  Perhaps your Forum navigation skills will improve after spending a bit more time in this neighborhood.

Best of luck in your LD search.

Reply #16
Well, I really hate this site.... I absolutely cannot find my other post requesting someone in my area contact me, and evidently someone has.  Why is this so hard to navigate around???
Now, now, CKK. Be patient. See if Chip's instructions help you. If you get stuck, just ask and someone will help.

Do yo have a name to share other than CKK?

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #17
I just figured out how to find my post and saw the replies.... so thanks everyone for the input.  Now I have to figure out how to find my other post about seeing one near KY (I waded thru days of posts to find this one - guess I don't know how to search or find my posts any other way).  Thanks again. 

When you come back here, if you click on "NEW POSTS" at the top of the page, all the topics that have had new posts added since your last visit will show up.  If anyone has answered your query, it'll be in the queue.
Linda Hylton

Reply #18
I am interested in LD, but don't live anywhere near CA and it appears LD doesn't attend the rv shows.... so how do you make a decision on a model by just looking at their website?  The photos are limited, and there is no video or 360 views of the coaches like other brands offer to get a feel for them.  It's a bit frustrating.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Yes, I much prefer the Born Free website . . .  :-X

Home - Born Free Motorcoach
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #19

We had a hard time deciding from their photos, too. But we live in California so we could drive to see them in person and bought one. To try to help shoppers like you, I took as many photos as I could of our 2016 24-foot Twin King Lazy Daze when it was new. I'm an amateur photographer but if you click on the photos they get really big and show a lot of the details. You don't have to read any of the intro text if you don't want, just scroll to the small photos and click on any photo to zoom it and I think you'll see how high quality the Lazy Daze are. 2016 Lazy Daze 24-foot Twin King Motorhome RV

Hope this helps you decide,
Jim

Reply #20
Nice photos Jim. Very helpful. Smart Plug. Now I'm more inclined to upgrade to a new one :)
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #21
When you come back here, if you click on "NEW POSTS" at the top of the page, all the topics that have had new posts added since your last visit will show up.  If anyone has answered your query, it'll be in the queue.

Or click on "Forum" at the top, which will show you the overall forum view.  Any boards with new posts since your last visit will show a dark "bubble" on the left.  If you click on that forum, any topic with new posts will show "new" next to it.  Click "new" and it will take you to your first unread post in that topic.

Reply #22
" I took as many photos as I could of our 2016 24-foot Twin King Lazy Daze"

Jim - I just took a lazy wander through your lovely pictures, but was unable to open the first four pictures in the third row.  All the others opened right up for me.  Is it just my computer being difficult?

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona
   Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Today:  Pasta Pasilla

Reply #23
Judie

Ditto here!  ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #24
Same here.  They didn't turn from 'cursor' to 'clickable link' on  my Mac.  Was particularly looking at the rear view camera pic.
Hey, at least people are going to the page! :)

Chip
2000 Front Lounge