Skip to main content
Topic: removing decals from rig (Read 289 times) previous topic - next topic
removing decals from rig
When we bought our RV from original owners they had put a circular decal on the back of the rig.  I want that gone.  Anyone had to deal with this?  I don't want to use acetone fearing paint removal.  There is another one on back bottom left hand corner of back window. I think I can remove that with water and scraping tool as long as I don't scratch window.   :-[
2006 31' IB Anniversary Edition; Tow 97' Wrangler

Re: removing decals from rig
Reply #1
"I want that gone.  Anyone had to deal with this?"

I removed the 'LD' decal from the faux spare tire cover using a hair dryer (heat gun) and a plastic scraper. Take it slow, little bits at a time and the heat will soften the film.  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
I removed the 'LD' decal from the faux spare tire cover using a hair dryer (heat gun) and a plastic scraper.

We had spots of tar on our LD decal and I was using a cleaner which messed up the decal.  So I also used a hair dryer and slowly peeled the decal with my finger nail.  It took a long time.   Then I used a polishing compound and good wax and it looks fine ... actually looks a little naked.  But the hair dryer is certainly a tool you could use.

Reply #4

Hve you tried plastic razor blades? I've found them very handy for removing stickers of all kinds.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Thanks for the tip on hair dryer system since that is a staple in my house.  And, I did not know there was a thing called plastic razor blades. Who knew ;D  Love learning new stuff.

Reply #6
OMG!!! Those decals came off in less than a minute with hair dryer and plastic razor blade.  YIPPEEEE.    Thanks for all your help.

Reply #7
Obviously you came to the right place for help! Remember us always.  ;)  8)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!