Skip to main content
Topic: EEZE RV TPMS Accuracy (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic
EEZE RV TPMS Accuracy
This is our second TPMS and we have been happy with it. While anyone that owns one probably already knows this or perhaps it is unique to our unit. It appears to read about 4 pounds less than the actual pressure. I have checked this against three pressure gauges. Higher pressure makes no difference. In other words, the 4 pounds remains the same on the LD and the Subaru.

Jim

Re: EEZE RV TPMS Accuracy
Reply #1
We have a different brand, but the Owners Manual says that an accuracy of +-3% is typical.
That has been our experience.
Like other users, I focus on relative readings not absolute numbers. Are all four duals in the same general range. Same with the front tires.
Like you, Jim, I set the tire pressures based on my gauge and not based on what the TPMS might say.

Three tire gauges?
Reminds me of the old saw that it a man has two watches, he never really knows what time it is. 😱

Reply #2
This is our second TPMS and we have been happy with it. While anyone that owns one probably already knows this or perhaps it is unique to our unit. It appears to read about 4 pounds less than the actual pressure. I have checked this against three pressure gauges. Higher pressure makes no difference. In other words, the 4 pounds remains the same on the LD and the Subaru.

Over the 10 years I've used a Pressure Pro TPMS system on our Class C and 2 wheel trailer, I've had at least 18 sensors; my Camry has four TST sensors on it in use for two years. Everyone of the Pressure Pro and TST sensors read within 1 psi of my gauges, and were very consistent unit to unit. I have no reason to believe other manufacturers can't easily achieve the same accuracy. An offset of 4 psi means your monitor or your sensors have a problem.

Possibly, just possibly, there is something you've added between the sensors and the tire's valve stem?
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #3
Just a quick note.  We have a 10 sensor EEZE TPMS and they are accurate to within 1-2 lbs. according to me testing.  Originally, one read 3-4 lbs. low and the company replaced it after a real merry-go-round of emails and phone calls.   I wish I had some guidance for you because inaccurate readings are just a bit less than helpful.

Reply #4
So, I've not looked at systems at all, but I would think at least some of them would have a 'rate of change' alarm, signalling you if there was a change of, say, more than 1 or 2 psi over 24 hours.  (Or maybe a time and pressure interval that's set by user.)

Chip
2000 Front Lounge

Reply #5
Over the 10 years I've used a Pressure Pro TPMS system on our Class C and 2 wheel trailer, I've had at least 18 sensors; my Camry has four TST sensors on it in use for two years. Everyone of the Pressure Pro and TST sensors read within 1 psi of my gauges, and were very consistent unit to unit. I have no reason to believe other manufacturers can't easily achieve the same accuracy. An offset of 4 psi means your monitor or your sensors have a problem.

Possibly, just possibly, there is something you've added between the sensors and the tire's valve stem?

On two of the wheels there are, in fact, extensions. However, there is nothing between the rest. The car has the regular button type sensors and the LD has the air through type. The difference is the same across all tires. I'm not really concerned about this since it is consistent. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of others who might have the same issue and not know it.

I suspect the discrepancy is in the monitor since it is consistent across all tires but it does not appear to have changed over time.

Jim

Reply #6
Just a quick note.  We have a 10 sensor EEZE TPMS and they are accurate to within 1-2 lbs. according to me testing.  Originally, one read 3-4 lbs. low and the company replaced it after a real merry-go-round of emails and phone calls.   I wish I had some guidance for you because inaccurate readings are just a bit less than helpful.

It could be a problem if you aren't aware of it. If I was getting the issue with only one sensor I would contact the company. Since owning the system I have had one sensor fail. I had no issue in getting it replaced under warranty. The discrepancy remained. That leads me to believe that the monitor is just reading a lower than the actual number. However, since it is consistent across all wheels and sensor types I'm not concerned.

Jim