Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Brake Calipers on a 2003 MB (Read 66 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Brake Calipers on a 2...
Re: Brake Calipers on a 2003 MB
i know this was a while ago, i was going through the rock auto site and they have several loaded motorcraft calipers for my 99 superduty including the ones you listed... the description says the 202 and 203's you listed are for the rear? does that sounds familiar? it looks like from your pics, you wound up with centric calipers for both front an rear, so i'm guessing that's what comes with the "loaded motorcraft" parts? if so, you don't happen to have the loaded motorcraft numbers that got you the front calipers?

i "think" that  BRCLS6RM and BRCLS7RM gets me the fronts, but for some reason only one side (7) shows for my application (the "6" says its' good for 2004 to 2007, and not my 99 for some reason)

what's more confusing, is some, like the ac delco, say they are good for front or rear pass or front or rear driver, while other say rear only or front only... the ford parts lookup was no help either, even with the vin, as there were 3 or 4 different caliper numbers (as suggested for my vin) with no differentiating description.

Yahoo Message Number: 152278

When doing our 2003 LD's brakes, I found cracks in all of the caliper seals. They were not leaking but were deteriorating. All four were replaced with rebuilt calipers.
IMG_1489
 Below is from Rock Auto for 2003 E450 cutaway. Note that the left and right sides have different numbers and are NOT interchangeable.
MOTORCRAFT Part # BRCLS203RM{#6C2Z2V563CRM} Loaded; Reman Rear Left; w/ Super Duty Pads MOTORCRAFT Part # BRCLS202RM{#6C2Z2V562CRM} Loaded; Reman Rear Right; w/ Super Duty Pads

Do make sure the mechanic lubes the rear caliper pins.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157625459994065/show

Larry
1999 MB