Skip to main content
Topic: Rear WIndow Fog repair (Read 221 times) previous topic - next topic
Rear WIndow Fog repair
As you are aware, I am looking at the 2005 RK for sale.  The rear window center piece has fog in it.  I just got a quote for no more than $1,000 to repair it on the East Coast.  I guestimated that the size was 72" x 30" and that time had to be budgeted to remove a valance.  If you have more accurate measurements, please provide.  Would also like to know how this price compares to other companies I might consider.  

Scott Harkey
RV Glass Repair Services
510 N. Spring Street
Greensboro NC 27401
336 273 7661
Chesapeake, VA

Re: Rear WIndow Fog repair
Reply #1
As you are aware, I am looking at the 2005 RK for sale.  The rear window center piece has fog in it.  I just got a quote for no more than $1,000 to repair it on the East Coast.  I guestimated that the size was 72" x 30" and that time had to be budgeted to remove a valance.  If you have more accurate measurements, please provide.  Would also like to know how this price compares to other companies I might consider.  

Scott Harkey
RV Glass Repair Services
510 N. Spring Street
Greensboro NC 27401
336 273 7661

If they are replacing the entire unit that sounds close to what the factory charges. They quoted around $1,100, if I recall, for some windows in our 30'. We had them repaired in Phoenix for $325 per window this past November and are happy with the work.

There have been numerous discussions here about fogged windows. Try a search for that.

Jim

Reply #2
The low cost alternatives are too far away it looks like.  Can anyone provide me the dimensions of the back window to be sure I am close on costs.  The estimate above was to replace it with a dual pane tinted window.  I will have to take the cost into mind on any offer I may make.
Chesapeake, VA

Reply #3
The low cost alternatives are too far away it looks like.  Can anyone provide me the dimensions of the back window to be sure I am close on costs.  The estimate above was to replace it with a dual pane tinted window.  I will have to take the cost into mind on any offer I may make.

I would suggest calling Lazy Daze that is where we got our quote and I believe that Joan had a window replaced there. If Searcy, AR isn't too far there is this place RVFogDr.com Don't know anything about their reputation.

One other thing to consider is the darkness of the tint. Mentions made historically on this forum indicate that it is difficult to find a replacement that is as dark as the original.

Jim

Reply #4
Funpilot, I have an original brochure, price sheet and spec sheets from MY2005.  It lists just about every dimension EXCEPT for the window sizes.  If you need any other info, just let me know.

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
I would suggest calling Lazy Daze that is where we got our quote and I believe that Joan had a window replaced there. If Searcy, AR isn't too far there is this place RVFogDr.com Don't know anything about their reputation.

One other thing to consider is the darkness of the tint. Mentions made historically on this forum indicate that it is difficult to find a replacement that is as dark as the original.

Jim

Thought I read in another post that FogDR would not do another LD as they were too hard to do ....
Chesapeake, VA

Reply #6
Just talked with Todd and he had no recommendations for the East Coast for an installer that he trusts.  He thought the measurements are about 84" x 26" for the whole window.  With crating and shipping, it would be around $1300 to get it here then I have to pay for the installation.  He then asked if I had posted my question out on this forum as that is where all the experts are ....
Chesapeake, VA

Reply #7
You might want to read these comments/glass replacement reports collated from posts on the board:

The Lazy Daze Companion: Fogged Windows

I did have the rear window of my 2003 TK replaced at the factory; my other choice would have been to use RV Glass Solutions with locations in OR, AZ, and FL. (Florida was way off the radar for me, but maybe doable for others.)

RV Glass Solutions, Motorhome Side Window Repair

(I believe that Jim had his foggy windows done at the AZ location?)

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
I will call the Florida location tomorrow.  I had confused them with Suncoast which had an unfavorable review posted in the Companion. 
Chesapeake, VA