Skip to main content
Topic: 31' Foot Class C lengthaphobia (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic
31' Foot Class C lengthaphobia
Well we did it...we moved into a longer Class C after consideration of all the potential issues that come with a longer Class C motorhome. All of our fears have been proven to be unnecessary at least in our case...

Handling, parking etc are no more difficult. Yes, a little  more attention to tail swing is in order but nothing earth shaking.
The rig handles well on the open road. We don't notice any difference compared to our 27' rig.

Weight is up but fully loaded we come in just under GVWR...the Ford chassis handles the full load effortlessly. (We 're not mountain climbers but have no reservations about our trips planned West).

And we had no trouble getting into a State Park with tighter sites geared primarily for smaller rigs/tent campers.

We absolutely love the extra living space and bonus pantry, drawers etc. We have a lot of empty space as we must not need as much gear as some folks.

Anyone fearful of the longer coach take notice!

We're not in a LD anymore but the issue is the same regardless of which manufacturer you favor. (Assuming they all handle as well as our new Minnie Winnie).

We're half-timers now and the extra living space has really improved our quality of life with very little downside in our case.

And we actually come in at 32'9" something I thought I would never consider. I said to Steve that we will probably end up in a 40' DP before this is all through. LOL
Todd (and Steve)
'17 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and '13 Honda CRV
(Former '99 RB owners from 2012-2016)

Re: 31' Foot Class C lengthaphobia
Reply #1
Todd, glad to hear the Minnie Winnie is working out for you and Steve.  Safe travels! 
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
Todd,
Can you post the actual weights of your new Minnie Winnie?   When I look at the web page Minnie Winnie  it only gives the max weights. 

thank you -
glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #3
2017 31D fully loaded with options not gear (jacks).  12,939
Manufacture CCC 1,561
Loaded weight 14,400*

*2 passengers, full fresh water, full fridge/pantry, 2 dogs, grill, 3 camp chairs, books, tools, computergear, 1 mattress topper.
Spare. 6 gallons drinking water. The weight must be distributed evenly based upon excellent handling.
The biggest add on for a Lazy Dazer coming over might be solar, an available option we don't have. Our unit was built for the Indianapolis dealer show in '16. It came fully loaded. We took it "off the dealer's floor as is".

This is official weight from CAT scale. I was anxious about weight and that was one of the first things I did.

Price exc tax lic 86,556.
Todd (and Steve)
'17 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and '13 Honda CRV
(Former '99 RB owners from 2012-2016)

Reply #4
Thanks for checking in Todd, good to hear all the positives, and that you are doing well. Enjoy your travels!!
Paul
'92 Mid Bath