Skip to main content
Topic: Fridge (Dometic 2026) won't cool on AC, only gas. (Read 102 times) previous topic - next topic
Fridge (Dometic 2026) won't cool on AC, only gas.
Recently got the 24' used. I don't know a thing about RV's. Manuals talk about fridge controller, pilots etc, where are they? How do I get to them. My owners manual is useless and most is missing. The fridge works fine on gas, just not at all on AC. I am currently plugged into shore power so the controller automatically chose "AC". In no time at all, everything in the fridge spoiled. Freezer seems to work great no matter what. Any info will be appreciated. Thank You.
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Re: Fridge (Dometic 2026) won't cool on AC, only gas.
Reply #1
Try Googling your refrigerator' model number and see what pops up.
There are online owner's manuals and trouble shooting guides for most Domestic refrigerators.

If the board shows 'A/C', the 120-VAC heater or something on the control board may be bad.
Just about everything you need to look at is at the rear of the refrigerator, outside the MH.
The control board is the black box, in the upper left. In the middle is the gas valve, and burner, with the chimney on the right.
The 120-VAC electric heating element is located inside the chimney.

Until it fixed, you can toggle the the selector switch and run it in the 'gas' only mode.

Be careful, the service area has both high voltage and propane present, either one can cause a tragedy, if not handled correctly.
If you have any doubts, find a professional or someone with a lot of experience.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Fridge (Dometic 2026) won't cool on AC, only gas.
Reply #2
This doesn't make much sense, since fridge and freezer work together. Whether on gas or electric, you are simply applying heat. My suspicion is the freezer may not be working on AC well either. Use a fridge thermometer to check the temps of both when you are on AC. Now if both modes work, but temps are running higher when on AC, then check you fridge door seal. If in bad shape, you might not be able to keep up with the heat leakage on AC, but can do better on gas.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit