Skip to main content
Topic: Yet another water pump thread... (Read 1188 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Yet another water pump thread...
Reply #50
Daryl, this link is to the Shurflo pump replacement chart; if you can't find the correct replacement number for the Extreme 5.7, I suggest calling the company to get the information.

http://shurflo.com/images/files/Pump_Conversion_Chart/RV-Pump-Conversion-Chart.pdf

I've dealt with Leale's several times, and have been satisfied with the quality and service; like any place in the Bay Area, they are expensive, but stand behind their work. (They replaced my original Whisper King with WK#2.)

Be glad that you don't have a TK; the access to the water pump in my 2003 is through a tiny bottom drawer in the galley area, and removal/installation needs someone with a strong flashlight, small hands, and the body of a contortionist. I have the flashlight.  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #51
thanks for that link!  According to the chart, my OEM 5900-0201 (Smart Sensor 5.7) should be replaced with the 4048-153-E75 (and not the 4008 Revolution)  found it on Amazon for $152-- don't know why it's twice as much as the 4008, but it is what it is…
    Nice to hear you've also had good experience at Leale's.  I've talked to them over the phone, but haven't been there yet--they're not far from where I store the rig in Milpitas.  And, yeah, EVERYTHING in the Bay Area is more expensive, right?!   But as long as they do good work….
   And I thought my FL pump access was tight; the TK sounds near-impossible to get to :-)
As far as the current 5.7 in there now, I'll leave it along but will try swapping out the super low-flow (0.5 gpm) aerator I had put on the kitchen faucet and put the original one back on it and see if that makes a difference with the on/off cycling.  Have read that a real low flow (or clogged aerator) could be a cause. Maybe also try a 1.0 gpm to see if it works better than the 0.5 as far as cycling. 
   In the meantime, think I'll just get the 4048 to have as a spare for when the inevitable happens!
   thanks again,   (also, anyone who already has the 4048 have any feedback about them, good or bad?)
 Daryl
Daryl 
2007  26.5’ mid-bath, “Blu Tent“
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
  (previously 2006 23.5’ front lounge)
SKP #145689

Reply #52
The LD factory is installing the 4008 Revolution pump in the current models.
2005 MB

Reply #53
thanks, Bruce,
     Does that mean then that either the 4048 or 4008 Revo will work (and fit in the same space as the old Extreme 5.7)?
  Seems folks like the 4008 & LD is now installing them new (and the fact it's half the price of the 4048), as long as it will work & fit, I'd opt for the 4008… 
Daryl 
SKP #145689

Reply #54
As a result of this thread, I replaced my 5.7 with a 4008. The physical size is a bit smaller and it fit just fine. I needed one longer section of hose for the installation, but that is all I needed to make the swap.
2005 MB

Reply #55

Is the 4008 an appropriate replacement ?  You mention that "switching configurations" may cause install problems with wiring/hoses.  We have the same floor plan, so the 4008 will fit in there, right?     Would you think this would be a good DIY project for someone like me with no plumbing/electrical skills .
This when you can develop those useful skills, we all start somewhere.
Our LD has had a 4008 for several years, it's a good choice.
It isn't too technical to change.  Make sure you have plenty of time in case you need longer hoses.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #56
I called Shurflo this morning and tech support said the 4048 has the same footprint as the old 5.7 and is also 4 gpm, rather than the 3 gpm of the 4008.  It's the current replacement for the 5.7 & he seemed to advocate the 4048.  
   That said, seems like everyone here has & likes the 4008 (and it's half the cost, which I also like :-)     Wonder if the difference of 3 vs 4 gpm would even be noticeable?   And the the 4008 also seems to be proven reliable --  haven't seen or read anything about the 4048.  
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, but don't want to buy the "wrong" one!   
thanks again everybody for any final thoughts before I wrap this up and order :-)
  Daryl
Daryl 
SKP #145689

Reply #57
This when you can develop those useful skills, we all start somewhere.

thanks, Larry…. maybe I will give it a go myself and hope i don't screw it up!   ;)
Daryl 
SKP #145689