Skip to main content
Topic: Selling our Beloved 2005 RB (Read 795 times) previous topic - next topic
Selling our Beloved 2005 RB
Hello Ted.  You've been a member of this Forum since 2001 and of immense help to so many in so many ways to include me.  So as you plan this final trip, is it a final trip for the 2005 LD and you're going bigger, smaller, newer?  Btw, your for sale ad is among the best and most complete I've seen.  Someone is going to get a much loved LD IMO.

Re: Selling our Beloved 2005 RB
Reply #1
Unfortunately the time has come to bid adieu to our rolling Toad Hall. We can no longer make the long 6-8 month treks as we have done for the past 15 years, and so, after 2,741 nights in first our FL and then our RB, we have decided to sell. I've posted a listing in the Classified forum and have put a page full of pictures and details on our Toad Hall website. We'd love to find it a good home so that it may continue to bring joy and adventures to some others.

Reply #3
Yeap, that was me.  8)

Ted, I guess I never made that connection for some reason.  It's always nice to come across folks from the old forums. Hopefully, you're not hanging up your RV keys for good!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
Ted, I guess I never made that connection for some reason.  It's always nice to come across folks from the old forums.

When I discovered the LD Yahoo Group back in the fall of 2001, I had never heard of Lazy Daze. There had been about 4000 posts up to that time and I went back to #1 and started reading...every one of them. By the time I was done, I had drunk the tea, so to speak, and knew we wanted an LD. Through the Group we managed to arrange to see a couple of them in our area,  then I was REALLY hooked.

I have to ask, Greg, do you recall that fantastic thread about getting your left arm sunburned driving an LD and how UV protection the window glass provided? That went on and on with all sorts of scientific "facts".  The other exciting topic, of course, has always been coffee!

Anyway, it's been a great trip for almost 16 years - we've met some wonderful folks thanks to the LWALDRV Group.

Reply #5
When I discovered the LD Yahoo Group back in the fall of 2001, I had never heard of Lazy Daze. There had been about 4000 posts up to that time and I went back to #1 and started reading...every one of them. By the time I was done, I had drunk the tea, so to speak, and knew we wanted an LD. Through the Group we managed to arrange to see a couple of them in our area,  then I was REALLY hooked.

I have to ask, Greg, do you recall that fantastic thread about getting your left arm sunburned driving an LD and how UV protection the window glass provided? That went on and on with all sorts of scientific "facts".  The other exciting topic, of course, has always been coffee!

Anyway, it's been a great trip for almost 16 years - we've met some wonderful folks thanks to the LWALDRV Group.
I apologize for sidetracking your ad, Ted, but at least it's keeping it towards the top.  Once bitten by the LD bug, it's hard not to scratch!  :)

I do not recall that thread but sounds fascinating! I wonder if there is a way to access it after all these years?  And I'm always up for a coffee conversation!

Sorry to see you go but hope you'll check in every once in awhile, and best of luck on the sale!
Greg (ld671)

Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6

Ted

Hate to see you sell. We have lost a lot of long term members in the last year or two.
Our knowledge base is dwindling.
Thanks for all your work on the Companion and the Ultimate Campground app.

Sorry about all the coffee talk.

BTW, the sun burn topic was by initiated by Mike Richmond.
Bug Screens
Let's just say it was one of the more interesting conversations with Mike.
Steve and I still get a laugh out of it. It's a much tamer crowd these days.

Living and loving life in the weak sun of SoCal.
Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7
BTW, the sun burn topic was by initiated by Mike Richmond.
Bug Screens
Let's just say it was one of the more interesting conversations with Mike.

Larry

Thanks, Larry!  And thanks for all your help over the years. Thanks to your expert tutelage, I was able install LED taillights on first our "new to us" RB and then for several folks here in the Northeast. And I still laugh at your comment at the end of your instructions on installing the hard-wired surge protector: "Plug it in. If no smoke, then you were successful." And amazingly enough, I was. I appreciate all your invaluable advice and your hospitality.
Ted

Reply #8
Fascinating indeed! I wasn't Involved in that conversation which explains why I don't recall it. I should have known Larry and Steve were, though!

Maybe I missed it in the thread but what is a no-see-um?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #9
Ted, my thanks also for your many contributions over the years;  much appreciated.

Regrettably, the "time to take a different road" comes to all of us; it's not only the LD that accrues the mileage!  ;) 

I hope that you'll still participate in the forum; knowledge and experience are highly valued.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #10
[discussion posts from Ted's classified have been moved to this topic - Michelle]

Reply #11
Unfortunately the time has come to bid adieu to our rolling Toad Hall. We can no longer make the long 6-8 month treks as we have done for the past 15 years, and so, after 2,741 nights in first our FL and then our RB, we have decided to sell. I've posted a listing in the Classified forum and have put a page full of pictures and details on our Toad Hall website. We'd love to find it a good home so that it may continue to bring joy and adventures to some others.

Ted, with all your experience between the two models, would you mind sharing your thoughts regarding the FL vs the RB?  Also, why did you change models in the first place?

Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #12
Larry, thanks for the link to the sunburn thread. It was entertaining.

Ted, thanks for all of your input into all things LD and camping. We still appreciate the Ultimate Campgrounds app.

Jim

Reply #13
Ted, it makes me a little sad to read that you are selling the LD. The march of time is interesting until it gets personal.

I think of your travels whenever I use the UC app. Which is often. It is my first choice when we are traveling.

Best wishes
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #14
Hey Ted,

Just found out that you were selling your LD and read all of the comments from the LD community regarding same. Wanted to add my comments also since I was the recipient of your LED installation expertise on our 2003 MB at the NE LD GTG in Mass.

Best of luck with the sale and thanks very much for all of the technical expertise and campground reporting over the years, They have both enhanced our RV experience over the years. 

The very best to you and Liz in the future.

Pete and Gaila
Pete & Gaila

Reply #15
Ted,

Thank you for all your help in past years.  Sorry to see you sell your LD.  I have been pretty silent though some recent life changes, but just got the LD out to Newport, OR last week with my 8 year old twin-girls and have really missed it.  We had a great time.  All the best to your future endeavours.

Mike S.
'06 30' TB Anniversary
'06 30' TB Anniversary Edition

Reply #16
A little belated, but thank you all for your very kind and generous comments. Liz and I have thoroughly enjoyed our 15 years in our LD's, spending a total of 2754 nights in them. Even more rewarding have been the friendships formed as a result of this forum - we've met some of you in person and feel as if we know practically everyone else by virtue of all the friendly posts here.

We're happy that both our rigs have found new homes right here in New England.

The best to all of you - be safe, healthy and happy in your LD travels.

Cheers,
Ted & Liz

Reply #17
Sorry for not responding sooner, Greg. Here's our LD tale:

Over the years we had worked our way upward from the small tent we honeymooned in 50 years ago to a slide-in truck camper (TC). The TC served us well while I was working and was great for weekend and 1-2 week trips. But after retiring and taking a 5-week journey with the TC, we decided it would be nice to have something a little larger and more comfortable. Investigating Class C's eventually led us to LD. We picked up our new FL in May of 2002 and thought we were in heaven! A real sofa, two chairs, a decent-sized fridge and that huge bathroom. We spent 6-8 months a year in it and found that the weight was an issue: we were right at maximum weight (the small 2002 LD's were still on the lighter E-350 chassis).
At various LD GTG's we had seen the RB's and were absolutely stunned by their vast openness and said "Wow - we gotta get one of those!" After a several year search we found exactly what we wanted: an RB with no entertainment center, two sofas and two solar panels. It also had a lot of other features that made it even more livable, such as Kwikee leveling jacks and a satellite dish.  Now we knew we were in heaven. It's amazing what a difference 3 feet can make. And weight was no longer a concern at all.
Ted

Greg asked:
Ted, with all your experience between the two models, would you mind sharing your thoughts regarding the FL vs the RB?  Also, why did you change models in the first place?

Reply #18
The first LD I ever saw was Andy's Gertie.  Not too long after that, Ted and Liz were kind enough to invite me to northern NJ to see their FL as they were passing through.  That was my second LD, and it sold me on a LD in my future.  Ted and Liz, I and so many others are indebted to you for your many contributions.  I hope the future treats you well.  You deserve it.

Ken F in UT
'08 MB

Reply #19
Thanks for your post, Ted and glad to hear you were able to sell your LD locally.  Best of luck to you and let us hear from you once in a while!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264