Skip to main content
Topic: replacing the fuel filter on a 1990 7.5 (Read 97 times) previous topic - next topic
replacing the fuel filter on a 1990 7.5
Anyone with knowledge of this,

I have been told that a special tool is needed for disconnecting the fuel lines when replacing the fuel filter.

My Lazy Daze is a 1990 with a 7.5 liter engine.    I've been told the fuel filter will frequently have to be replaced due to corrosion from the gas tank.  And that, to replace the filter, lines will have to be disconnected using a special tool.

Could someone tell me what that tool is and where to get it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: replacing the fuel filter on a 1990 7.5
Reply #1
Hmmm...
I have a 1988 460(7.5) E350 and a 1991 350 (5 l) E250 and I change the metal injector pump fuel filter with a screw driver and needle nose pliers.  The plastic retainer clips have a safety barb (catch)to stop the clips from falling out.  I usually depress the barb with the needle nose pliers and push it back into the "Ford" fuel filter hose fitting.  The retainers usually come with new filters, so the retainer could be cut to remove it. Breaking  or cutting the "Ford" fuel filter hose fitting is not good.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Re: replacing the fuel filter on a 1990 7.5
Reply #2
The OP's description indicates that the 1990 is a Chevy G30 chassis; if so, maybe this video will help? The fuel filters are available from many sources.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVpxuqkVHUc
2003 TK has a new home