Skip to main content
Topic: Delivery (Read 235 times) previous topic - next topic
Delivery
I'm new to the forum and don't own a Lazy Daze. Do most buyers pick there new Lazy Daze up at the factory? Do some have them delivered?
2017 Mid Bath

Re: Delivery
Reply #1
I'm new to the forum and don't own a Lazy Daze. Do most buyers pick there new Lazy Daze up at the factory? Do some have them delivered?

First I'd like to offer you a warm welcome to the LD Owners Forum.   While I can't speak for "most buyers,"  it's common practice for out-of-state buyers to coordinate with the Factory for an out-of-state transaction for favorable tax benefits.   This transaction is explained elsewhere ... for example ... Out of state delivery

On the other hand, California residents conduct the transaction at the Factory.   I'd also suggest a phone call to the LD Factory if a potential buyer wants to arrange or consider other delivery options.  Hope this helps.

Reply #2
Not like ordering a car and having it delivered to your local dealer - were the rig to show up at your doorstep, you'd not only be on your own figuring out how everything operates, but you'd be in a pickle if there were any problems. Far and away the best option is to plan a little vacation driving it home, with at least a week spent close enough to Montclair to get any early problems resolved. LD's are intelligently and ergonomically designed and well-built, but not problem-free in most cases. The factory will make sure you have a grasp of all the systems before you leave, but hands-on and inspection at your leisure is the way to being a satisfied customer.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3

Both.
We  had our '15 delivered to our doorstep in CO.

Todd arranged everything and the delivery went perfectly. He personally did a walk through before it left the factory. No surprises of any type when delivered. To ballpark the cost figure $1/mile for delivery. Now add the pickup  cost of  airfare for one or two people, hotel, food, gas driving back home, etc. then compare the numbers.  In our case, the numbers were essentially the same.

The owners manual is extremely comprehensive. It goes into great detail on how everything works.
A simple phone call to Todd could clear up any confusion.

The warranty is 12 months bumper to bumper. All mechanical systems are covered by the manufacturer so should there be a problem with, let's say, the A/C, your local RV place could likely handle it. As far as the LD parts, if you live more than 500 miles, as I recall, from the factory LD will do one of two things. Let you get it fixed locally and reimburse you, or extend the warranty period on that item until you can get to them.

Some enjoy picking it up then taking off for a trip.

Whatever best suits your circumstances.

Ed

Reply #4
Is the factory easy to get to? It's close to L.A. traffic must be heavy?
2017 Mid Bath

Reply #5
What Steve said.  ;)  Sticking around the general area for a couple days to make sure the basics are understood, that there are no issues to be dealt with, and all systems are "go" is the best plan, particularly if one is a new RVer.  LD used to do a very thorough check out (and very probably still does) before a new owner takes delivery, but, between the excitement of finally getting the new toy, the anxiety involved in trying to make sure that all the many "how it works" details are grasped, and all the questions on one's list are asked and answered, the delivery process can be overwhelming! 

Some people take photos of processes being demonstrated, some record the questions and answers, and some just stand there, dumbstruck.  ;)  (Or, once, I overheard some of the back and forth preamble and saw this: a new owner said he knew all he needed to know and was in such a yank to get gone that he blasted out of the factory driveway, way too fast and at the wrong angle, and and scraped the bumper and bashed the dump valves on a pristine RB.  :o )

Does the factory still send the manual before delivery? If so, read it, highlight it, familiarize yourself with as much as possible, and make a question list. If it's a couple taking delivery, both should be listening to all of the delivery process; I took notes, preferring not to rely on memory for a grasp of multiple details!

I also took the opportunity to take driving school lessons; even though I had driven large vehicles on the farm and had owned a tent trailer and a small class C, I figured I could always learn more. I did; highly recommended!

RV School

Take your time, stick around for a couple days to check-out everything possible, and watch that driveway!  ;)

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
I would absolutely agree with the above post on picking up your new ld. We were also complete newbies with an rv, although we were experienced boaters, which helped with the systems. We used a rental car to pick up supplies at Costco etc and took a load to the factory the day before. We also checked out the route from the factory to the east shore camp ground so we knew where to go before we left the factory. When I called east shore, I explained that we were brand new rvers and asked for an easy spot. Boy did we get one! A 65 foot pull thru with a view. The 4 hour walk thru with Todd really helped. We also did the 2 day training with Steve of the rv driving school referenced above and it has made all the difference in our comfort level and happiness in driving and using the rig. The mother ship is south of LA so you can plan some routes to avoid most of the worst of the traffic so the traffic is managable.
There are lots of ways to do this, but this approach worked well for us.
Good luck on getting your new baby. You will have a great time.
Jean
The Silver Fox
2015 MB