Skip to main content
Topic: Picked it up today! (Read 520 times) previous topic - next topic
Picked it up today!
Flew into Denver, the seller picked us up and drove to his house where we drove off in our 2004 26.5 MB.
Went to walmart to get some groceries and other stuff and walked out to snow/rain!  Thankfully I had reserved a full hookup site at St. Vrain state park.  So we're safely parked and spending time getting stuff settled.
Hopefully the snow won't be too bad and we can leave around lunch heading south.
I had planned to get a couple pictures of our new MB parked but it's too cold outside.
2004 26.5 MB
Enjoying retirement traveling, Rzr riding, photography, and of course the 2 grand girls!

Re: Picked it up today!
Reply #1
Congratulations! How cool is that? No, the new rig, not the snow!   8)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Flew into Denver, the seller picked us up and drove to his house where we drove off in our 2004 26.5 MB.
Went to walmart to get some groceries and other stuff and walked out to snow/rain!  Thankfully I had reserved a full hookup site at St. Vrain state park.  So we're safely parked and spending time getting stuff settled.
Hopefully the snow won't be too bad and we can leave around lunch heading south.
I had planned to get a couple pictures of our new MB parked but it's too cold outside.
Forest, I just drove up I-25 from Lake Pueblo StPk, just W of Pueblo, CO today. It took me 6 hours for the 2 ½ hr trip to Denver due to snow on Monument Hill (7500') and an accident there. It was a terrible drive and looked quite bad going S as well. Yesterday I was in shorts. Good luck on the drive back to St. George. What route did you decide to take?
Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
The CO DOT has a good website, and an app, about current road conditions.

CDOT Travel Center —

Under the 'Be prepared' section select Road Conditions and Travel Alerts.

Enjoy your trip home.
Right now we're camped in Durango waiting for warmer weather, and less snow,  before heading further north.

Ed

Reply #4
Great news and best wishes for lots of wonderful Lazy Daze adventures.  And be sure to post some pictures once you dig out!  It's always a treat to see pictures of someone's LD.  Take care and safe travels.

Reply #5
Folivier,

Enjoy the adventure!!

Your delivery sounds as nice as my pick up in February 2015 of my Class B in Milwaukee WI. Zero F. And a dead Coach battery, therefore no heat!!!

I am from Boulder CO about 20 miles away.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #6
Congrats and have fun!
2003 23.5' Front Dinette

Reply #7
May you have many grand adventures in your LD 🚐 and brighter days ahead 🌞
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #8
Fortune smiles on those who plan ahead. Well ok and those that just get lucky, but anyway, congratulations on your new to you LD.

Enjoy the first leg on many more LD adventures to come.

Another LD finds a loving home. Kinda makes ya warm all over. Of course you probably have the heater going right now so that works too.

Enjoy your rig.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #9
Hey, congrats and enjoy your new LD!  You did pack your skis, right?  ;D

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #10
We made it through the first night!  Actually was pretty comfortable considering we forgot to buy pillows.  Heater worked great, got most of our stuff put away.  Drinking coffee and watching the dreary landscape outside.   We'll check the road conditions and may leave around noon heading south towards Pueblo then either further south or west.  After we go into town and buy 2 pillows.  Thanks for the suggestions.
2004 26.5 MB
Enjoying retirement traveling, Rzr riding, photography, and of course the 2 grand girls!

Reply #11
Congratulations on your new LD! Happy travels.  We heard from Todd that ours is now being painted and we'll know Monday when we can fly out to get it.
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #12
I have a 2004 26.5 MB & am wondering what you paid for yours to get an idea what I could get for mine.  Thank you.
2004 MB

Reply #13
We made it home on Monday afternoon.  Started out last Wednesday with my wife driving the Tahoe following me.  Drove 60mph pulling the trailer and averaged 8.5 mpg.  The last 2 days were in the rain.  No problems and had an enjoyable but tiring trip.  Had a wonderful trip from Colorado to Utah driving down to Canon City for the night.  Then Ouray, drove down to Durango on 550.  Over Monarch Pass to Mesa Verde.  Another overnight at Wahweap on Lake Powell.  Then on into Utah.
Got settled into our spot on the Amite River in the rain.  I've started changing out the interior lights to LEDs and a few other projects.
2004 26.5 MB

Reply #14
Congrats!  You will have thousands more enjoyable miles in your new-to-you rig.  She's a beaut, too.  Thanks for the trip report. We have been to every one of those spots over the years, some many times.  Love that part of the country.  8.5 mpg sounds about right, too.  Not much can be done to improve that number.  Just enjoy the trip(s).

Ray S.
2017 RB

Reply #15
Started out last Wednesday with my wife driving the Tahoe following me.  Drove 60mph pulling the trailer and averaged 8.5 mpg. 

Glad you made it home, safely!  What kind/size trailer were you towing?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #16
Congratulations!
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #17
The trailer is a 6'x10' enclosed trailer with a Rzr inside.  About 2800# total.
2004 26.5 MB

Reply #18
Congratulations on the maiden voyage.  We're very excited for you.  Our wait is nearly over.   We fly out to ONT tomorrow and pick up our 27' MB on Monday.  The anticipation is out of control.
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #19
The trailer is a 6'x10' enclosed trailer with a Rzr inside.  About 2800# total.

Had to look that up as I didn't know what a Rzr is. Looks like lots of fun!  I used to ride dirt bikes in my younger days but those days are over, I'm afraid.  Anyway, thanks for sharing the photos- looks like you saw some awesome sights on your trip back home!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264