Skip to main content
Topic: Extending 4" drain hose (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic
Extending 4" drain hose
I have a 2015 model. The drain hose compartment with the LD provided 4 inch drain hose is just fine most of the time. When encountering a 3 inch pipe, I just spin on an adapter to fit.

At times, I want an extended length to the 4 inch drain hose. I find that maximum diameter in the drain compartment is 4 inches and probably will not accept a drain hose with a connector on it.

Are some people just carrying a longer hose separate in a bag?, Or is there a particular model drain hose with a connector that will fix in the drain hose storage pipe?
2105 MB

Re: Extending 4" drain hose
Reply #1
Me thinks that what you're asking is a question having to do with the 'Sewer Drain Hose', no?

There are many manufacturers of these devices and most (to my knowledge) have adaptors so that you can connect two short length hoses to make a longer hose. Is this your goal?

Blueline Ultimate Sewer Kit - Prest-O-Fit 1-0203 - Sewer Hoses - Camping World
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Yes, That is my goal. I still want to be able to store the sewer drain hose, (as much as possible) in the storage pipe. The flange inside the storage door is right at 4 inches which will not allow a lot of the sewer hoses on the market to work, because their connectors go wider than the 4 inch hose.

The link you gave me about the Blue Line, I believe will work for me.

Thank you for helping.
2105 MB

Reply #3
Tahoewyatt,
Will this fit?
E-Z Hose Coupler - Valterra F02-3102 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World

I took off the "dryer vent tube and installed a 7 foot piece ot perferated drian pipe to the extended frame rails to store the hose.  I currently store a Camco heavy duty 20 foot hose  with EZ  on off adapter.
E-Z On/Off Adapter - Valterra F02-3101 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping...
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #4
I carry a 10 ft length in the place LD designed for sewer hose. I too use Blue Line. It works well, and the couplings have served well for many years.

I considered extending the stowage tube, a relatively easy job, but instead I carry a 5 ft length in the spare tire compartment with the adapter elbow attached. It wraps around the spare tire. This is the one I use in 90% of situations, since I rarely hook up to sewers while in a site, but dump at the stations I find when the tank is ready.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Thanks all for your feedback.
2105 MB

Reply #6
For what it is worth... I have a standard hose in the LD's storage compartment that, stretched, is about 8 to 10 feet long.  It fits nicely, with the bayonet fitting on one end.  BUT - I too wanted the ability to reach a bit farther for campground sites with a dump location a bit further off.  I bought two 10' pieces, each with a male and a female bayonet end.  That allowed me to connect the three to get up to 30' of range. 

Now, how to store it.  I bought a storage tube Valterra Adjustable RV Hose Carrier - 50" to 94" - Black Valterra RV... that I attached to the fiberglass bottom curl behind the wheel wells.  It extends from one side of the rig to the other and is out of the way.  I have used one of the extensions once but have never needed both.  Meanwhile, it is there if I need it and it is out of the way.

Ken F in OR
'08 MB