Skip to main content
Topic: Radio up grade finished (Read 321 times) previous topic - next topic
Radio up grade finished
Just finished radio and speaker up grade. Ended up going with a Kenwood DNX773S DVD/CD Player 6.95" Touchscreen full Navigation HD  Bluetooth head unit and Kenwood KFC-C6865S 250W 6x8" Sport Series 2-Way for the cab doors and
 Kenwood KFC-6985PS 600 Watts 6" x 9" 4-Way for the rear.  I wired the head unit for front or side camera, rear camera, usb for external music drives and for dvd player to play on flat screen tv in rear of rig. Real happy with the end results!   purchased some of our favorite musicians dvd concerts for my listening pleasure and my passengers viewing and listening pleasure while traveling.

leaving for a few weeks on a trip but have some more goodies to bolt on when I get back.

2016 TK

Re: Radio up grade finished
Reply #1
Wow--that's a heckuva beefy mounting kit you got for that radio, Buggy! ;-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Wow--that's a heckuva beefy mounting kit you got for that radio, Buggy! ;-)
I couldn't figure out what part is the radio.
First time I have seen a radio with sway bars and a Banks air cleaner. It must be a powerful radio.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Perhaps they're the "more goodies to bolt on"...

Chip
2000 Front Lounge

Reply #4
yes the pic is of the bolt on goodies to be installed, but the sway bars could help when radios on and the rig is rocking.

I  really didn't care for the back up camera LD had to offer with the monitor hanging down in cab area. So I decided not to purchase that option, thinking I would install my own with a less intrusive look. having to run a cable through the fine craftsmanship of the LD, I wish I had ordered it and just removed monitor then just plug into radio. 
2016 TK

Reply #5
few pics of the process
2016 TK

Reply #6
Did the dashed have to come apart just to install the radio?  Is the radio oversize or what.                                                                      I have installed several radios and never removed more than the dog house (primarily to cut the blob of polyurethane adhesive).        

I too disliked the position of the Factory back up monitor, so I locate them on the center console.
LCD monitor | Camera, monitor and cabling from RV Cams www.r… | Flickr

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7
That looks really clean larry.  The radio was a double din and could have been installed without removing dash ( no adhesive on this one) and no removal of dog house,  but I installed heated seats and wanted the lighted rocker switches to look factory installed,  So I installed into dash. which required drilling holes for switches which was easier to remove the whole dash completely.  it wasn't bad it basically just snaps off.  I ran my usb hook up to the empty port next to 12v power outlet so there would be no cable hanging off the radio to plug in jump drives.  I will take a pic and post dash.
2016 TK

Reply #8
Sorry the pic is not that good. The red arrows are the lighted heated seat rocker switches and the blue arrow is the usb outlet for the radio.
2016 TK