Skip to main content
Topic: New member considering LD (Read 342 times) previous topic - next topic
New member considering LD
Just joined and starting to search for another motorhome.  We had a couple used Newells, most recently a 1998 45' 2 slide we lived in for a couple years.  Now that we own a home again my wife and I are looking for something smaller and the 26.5 MB appears to fit what we want.  Our budget is up to $25k.
We plan to continue our summer travels with short and month or so trips, including a trip to Alaska in a couple years.  We enjoy national parks, COE's, and dry camping on BLM land out west where we can ride our Rzr 570.
I'll be reading about LDs and asking some questions so please bear with me. 
2004 26.5 MB
Enjoying retirement traveling, Rzr riding, photography, and of course the 2 grand girls!

Re: New member considering LD
Reply #1
Just joined and starting to search for another motorhome.  We had a couple used Newells, most recently a 1998 45' 2 slide we lived in for a couple years.  Now that we own a home again my wife and I are looking for something smaller and the 26.5 MB appears to fit what we want.  Our budget is up to $25k.
We plan to continue our summer travels with short and month or so trips, including a trip to Alaska in a couple years.  We enjoy national parks, COE's, and dry camping on BLM land out west where we can ride our Rzr 570.
I'll be reading about LDs and asking some questions so please bear with me.
Welcome to our group, Mr. Oliver. Your questions are always welcome. Also, there is a search function (click on Community on the home page) you can use for starters to get answers to questions. Feel free to post them here too.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Welcome to the group! May I ask what led you to Lazy Daze?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
Curious as to how you plan to tow the Rzr; it seems that the tow options would be limited to a flat or enclosed trailer?
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
After owning 2 Newells plus a couple other brands we're looking for better build quality than winnie-something or other.  LD seems to have the quality we're seeking. 
I have a 6x10' enclosed trailer for the Rzr that I plan to tow.  Total weight is about 2500#. 
While traveling full-time we saw lots of places we were too big to fit and want to do a couple days here and there dry camping.  We do plan to visit Alaska in a year or two.
I did most of the maintenance and repairs on my Newells and plan to do so with the next motorhome.  Hopefully I can contribute some help in the future.
We'll be near St. George, Utah all May and hope to look at something while we're there, or somewhere else on our way back to Louisiana.
2004 26.5 MB
Enjoying retirement traveling, Rzr riding, photography, and of course the 2 grand girls!

Reply #5
I should be coming through St George around May 17 or so. I have a 2003 23.5' Front Dinette if you want to see one that old. It's in pretty good shape and has been used full time for the past 3 years.

If interested, please PM me for my phone and I can arrange to meet you.

Bob
2003 23.5' Front Dinette

Reply #6
Bob I sent you a PM with my phone #.
2004 26.5 MB

Reply #7
Today we signed the papers on a 2004 26.5 MB in excellent condition.  We'll pick it up in a couple weeks and drive it back to Louisiana.  Plan to continue traveling the country.
So I'm officially a LD'er.
2004 26.5 MB

Reply #8
Congratulations! Did you find the 2004 on this site? Other?
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #9
Yes I did.  Had a friend look at it then we drove to see it and purchase.
2004 26.5 MB

Reply #10
Happy travels 🚐😊
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home