Skip to main content
Topic: 2nd Lazy Daze (Rosie# 2) - The Process Has Started (Read 256 times) previous topic - next topic
2nd Lazy Daze (Rosie# 2) - The Process Has Started
I had to break the news today to Rosie #1 (2002 MD) that she will be leaving us soon.  We received a letter from Todd Miller today that the chassis for our 2017 MD has arrived. 

Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
2017 27' Mid-Bath

Re: 2nd Lazy Daze (Rosie# 2) - The Process Has Started
Reply #1
Oh BOY!!! I wish I had the patience to buy a new LD but waiting a year would kill me LOL. Congratulations!
Lynn and Lori

Reply #2
Congratulations, Glenn on your new order!  We ordered our 1st LD (and 1st RV) back in July 2016 after flying out to California from Minnesota to check out the mother ship and have been waiting patiently ever since.  I was in touch with Todd last week and he said we might have delivery by the last week of May or first week of June; he'll know better by the beginning of May.  We are getting excited now.  Lots planned for this summer and into fall. Since we've never owned an RV before I am do deep dives into manuals, making lots of notes and keeping my fingers crossed.  Should be an adventure.
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners

Reply #3
Oh BOY!!! I wish I had the patience to buy a new LD but waiting a year would kill me LOL. Congratulations!

I have the patience, just not the $$$!  Congrats!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
Reply to David,

Since this will be your first RV, I would like to reinforce what other members have recommended.  Though Laze Daze are excellent and quality RVs, they need maintenance and care!  Specially if you are in a winter climate and use your RV in the winter.  I'm one of those who did not follow that recommendation very well.   Basically, for two reasons:  (1) I am not mechanically inclined or motivated.   (2) The Mothership is a long ways away from Michigan.   I have definitely learned my lesson and will definitely find some way to take better care of the new LD we'll be getting sometime late September.  Of course, I'm hoping to be retired in a year and should have all the time in the world to trek out to the Mothership if needed  :)

Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
2017 27' Mid-Bath

Reply #5
Glenn; great advice.  I'm not very mechanically inclined either, but am starting to appreciate that I might need to get a bit more motivated to learn. As they say in the music world (I was a staff musician at Disney for eight years before putting my own bands together), practice makes perfect.  We are based in Florida, so in the winters she will be down here in Sebring.  Still, we deal with humidity and other issues.  If we learn something new every day, before we know it, we'll know a few things.
David and Marie Philbrick
Proud former 2017 27' MB Owners