Skip to main content
Topic: How Has Spring Sprung? (Read 266 times) previous topic - next topic
How Has Spring Sprung?
How has Spring found you all today? After a good nights rest my DW and I took our bikes out for a spin in Yosemite Valley today.

The weather is pleasant, the Falls are flowing and the flowers are blooming. Brought me to my knees so I could bring you a taste of Spring from the Valley floor.

Cheers to you all and fresh blossoms near you.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: How Has Spring Sprung?
Reply #1
I'm headed that way tomorrow by car 🚗. Spending 4 days in cabin outside of park. Will venture in to valley to see waterfalls and blooms. The LD is currently on way back from mothership with brand new refrigerator 🚐😊. Happy Spring 🌺🌼

Cynthia
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #2
Beautiful!! We are going to have to go there someday.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #3
There are at least two other LD's here right now. With us that's three. Things in the Valley are quite strange.

A new turnabout is being built near the Village so the roads from Stoneman Bridge and from Sentinal Bridge to the Village are all torn up. Traffic while light is a bit confusing.

Even riding bikes is a bit of a challenge. We'll be here til  Saturday in Upper Pines site 150. Stop on by and say hello if you all get a chance. Always nice to spend time in the Valley with friends. 

By the way, they're having a special on Log Cabin Kits. So, bring your ax.

Kent

Reply #4
My cat got hay fever from all the creosote bush pollen. He was sneezing non stop till we came home. Now he knows how I feel every spring.

fu
fu
2015TK

Reply #5
Kent, sorry ran out of time on Wed to stop by and say Hi 🤗. What a beautiful day it was in the valley. Did see a later model LD (red) in parking lot at Curry Village as I drove through on way to Vernal Falls hike.

Cynthia
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #6
Cynthia,

The Valley has a way of keeping us busy. Sorry we couldn't meet up. So much to do and see. Speaking of which, I saw the red LD at Curry near the Bike Rental Area. Looked like there was a bit of Spring Cleaning going on.

Upper and Lower Pines is a ghost town right now as the rain has sent most people scurrying for drier weather. Pleasant day with light to heavy precipitation since Thursday evening.

Only two LD's here tonight, us and a Classic Blue in Lower Pines. Forecast for snow Saturday...we'll see.

It's been a great week.

Kent

Reply #7
Wait!   Is it spring? 😉  We had spent over two months in Southern California, enjoying the beaches and the warm weather, in what normally for us would be considered winter time.... now we are heading back home and are camped at Whiskeytown (just west of Redding), it's been cold and rainy, and yesterday we had hail!  We are headed just a bit north tomorrow and at our next destination they are predicting snowy/rain on Monday.  😜

I'm including a photo of our current spot....a mostly empty parking lot/campground.   We haven't made it to the beach yet, due to weather, but at $7.50/night, we are cool just hanging out in our LD for a bit. 
Rebecca in WA
2016 mid-bath
"Ramirez"

Reply #8
Hmmm,

Spring in the Valley has a funny way of changing its mind. From warm and sunny to gray and wet to cold and frozen. It's all good.

Here are some shots of Spring's wandering personality this week in Yosemite Valley.

I wonder how the weather will behave for us July in Yellowstone.

Kent