Skip to main content
Topic: Unusual RV (Read 8558 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Unusual RV
Reply #200
"...don't pick on Arkansas."

Didn't intend to step on any toes, it was just a random choice. Could have been any of the Appalachin states!   ::)   ;)

Cannot let this geographic error slip by, Arkansas is NOT an Appalachian state:

parts of Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania,
     South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia, and all of West Virginia

It’s like calling Nebraska a Rocky Mountain state. :-)
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #203
What every RV'er and boater needs, a Boaterhome!
https://www.rvtravel.com/boaterhome-travels-land-water/?popupally_stop=subscriber

I would be interested in how the driveline is sealed so that it's waterproof and still provide engine cooling when motoring down the highway.
What every RV'er and boater needs, a Boaterhome!
https://www.rvtravel.com/boaterhome-travels-land-water/?popupally_stop=subscriber

You had me wondering how it could be made to work with an E-series van chassis and be waterproof...it wasn't.
meet 'boaterhome': the rare half boat, half van hybrid from the 80s

Here's one that was on the forum several years ago, I wonder if it is still above water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za63ltkMGGE

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #204
Larry, I think the boat is detachable from the van chassis and slides into the water, leaving the van on dry land. I suspect it’s harder to reconnect the two for driving away. — Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #205
Worlds most expensive RV. 7.7 million dollars. But hey, it includes the Bugatti.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #206
Well, this seems as good a place as any to share this somewhat comic clip of “Caravan Racing” in Britain.  Seems we in the USA might benefit from holding a few of these events in order to reduce the excess number of campers on the road!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aog8m5AS3yQUgfR77QTKZU5hjBpx_A

Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Reply #207
Hi Warren;  So all the glass, internal structures, appliances and tanks appear to have been removed prior to competition.  Notably no fires started that I saw, but safety officials had fire extinguishers.  Anywhere engines and gasoline are.  Looks like the building standards are about the same as this side of the pond. 
    I've only seen one crashed trailer in my travels, and the biggest thing left was part of a refrigerator. The remains were incredibly flat otherwise.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #209
Paid a visit to the Woodland Auto Display at the Estrella Warbirds Museum today and saw this REO Speedwagon, one of the very first motorhomes.

Welcome to The Woodland Auto Display
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #210
Saw this “loft model” at a local RV service center. A bit roomier than the LD.

Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #212
Several years ago we were staying at an Airstream (and others) campground in Travis City, MI and were invited to tour this very interesting motorhome. They were a group of people belonging to the Twelve Tribes of Israel. Twelve Tribes of Israel - Wikipedia
There is more than one family group traveled together in the coach which was hand crafted by the members. The Twelve Tribes also sail a schooner that they too have hand crafted that sail the Great Lakes. We found the craftsmanship in the coach well done and functional. At the time we had never heard of the Twelve Tribes but found out later they have health type restaurants scattered around the country. There are always interesting things we come upon as we travel about North America.
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #213
They may be responsible in part for the fire in Superior Colorado last year that killed 2 people and burned down 1,000 dwellings.
2005 T/K

Reply #214
The link shown pertains to the historical Jewish tribes of Isreal
Twelve Tribes of Israel - Wikipedia

The group mentioned is more properly known as the Twelve Tribes community, a Messianic Christian group, unrelated to traditional Judaism.
Twelve Tribes communities - Wikipedia

There is a big difference between the two.

Larry
Larry

Reply #215
"The group mentioned is more properly known as the Twelve Tribes community, a Messianic Christian group, unrelated to traditional Judaism."

Are we not too far afield from Lazy Daze?
Why not a bit of Politics or even sex??   >:(
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #216
Mmmm if you say so
                  Larry
2005 T/K

Reply #217
Are we not too far afield from Lazy Daze?
Why not a bit of Politics or even sex??   >:(

Yes, it is time to cease this discussion, it is straying out of bounds.
If anyone is interested in pursuing it deeper, do so on your own time.

Now back to other unusual RVs.

Larry
Larry

Reply #218
Also saw this one at the RV service center. Maybe not so unusual but it looked pretty cool!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #219
"Maybe not so unusual but it looked pretty cool!"

Whoo hoo! Just the thing to tow off road and I can think of numerous places to do it!  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!