Skip to main content
Topic: Entertainment Center - 27 Rear Bath (Read 185 times) previous topic - next topic
Entertainment Center - 27 Rear Bath
Hello - we are busy thinking about what will work best for our future new RV purchase. We are fairly certain the 27 Rear Bath is right for us (although I like the idea of the permanent bed of the 31' Twin).  It will be just for my wife and myself. We don't have children and don't expect any overnight guests in our coach. I would think we would want the optional Entertainment Center with the central-larger 12-volt television?   We are not huge television people-  at home we don't have cable but watch local digital stations with a roof antenna.

What are the pros and cons of the Entertainment Center.   Resale would probably be better with the queen-sized over-the-cab bed. Thank you Jay.
Respectfully --  Jay & Shari

2022 — 31’ Twin Bed

Re: Entertainment Center - 27 Rear Bath
Reply #1
Hello - we are busy thinking about what will work best for our future new RV purchase. We are fairly certain the 27 Rear Bath is right for us (although I like the idea of the permanent bed of the 31' Twin).  It will be just for my wife and myself. We don't have children and don't expect any overnight guests in our coach. I would think we would want the optional Entertainment Center with the central-larger 12-volt television?  We are not huge television people-  at home we don't have cable but watch local digital stations with a roof antenna.

What are the pros and cons of the Entertainment Center.  Resale would probably be better with the queen-sized over-the-cab bed. Thank you Jay.
My personal opinion: We have the 31' with entertainment unit and enjoy having the TV where it's located in this unit. Were I to buy a 27' model, I would not get an entertainment unit. The overcab bed, even when not used much, is a great storage area for bedding and other items. Some have put permanent, lightweight storage cabinets there. For resale purposes, I think having the overcab bed would be a definite plus.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
"What are the pros and cons of the Entertainment Center."

For those folks who need to be 'entertained' I suppose it's a desirable feature. Howsoever, I/we bought a 30'IB for the bed. In a previous TT with twin beds my late wife always complained about having to sleep up against a cold wall. The island bed solved that issue.

But back to that entertainment center... behind the façade and the TV there is a huge amount of storage space, so much in fact that in 13 years I have yet to utilize all of it.  :)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
I'm curious about the overall weight of the entertainment center itself.

LD has, no doubt, constructed the ECenter very solidly. I am certain it is by no means a patch work of hit and miss materials.

A while back there was a question posed about how much weight the cab over sleeper could handle. If memory serves me, the answer was around 300 lbs.

That brings me back to my initial question. How much do you think this fine ECenter weighs? And with that what items might fit in its storage area and how soon would you reach the cab overs weight limit? Knowing of course that it is unlikely one would store their prized rock collection up there.

"Lucy! You got some 'splain' to do".

So much to think about for the OP, Jay.

Just sayin'

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"