Skip to main content
Topic: Interior Photos?/Solar Panel (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Interior Photos?/Solar Panel
Yahoo Message Number: 19
Our new LD 2000 model has an 85watt solar panel.
We boondock most of the time, and I may never come home now!!! The solar panel will charge your house batteries (LD uses the best system-two 6volt golf cart batteries-the highest amp hour rating in the business!) during the day(given good direct sunlight), replenishing the juice you burned thru the night.

LD comes with both a 110v/generator powered microwave and the LP stove/oven range as standard equip.

The cabover bed has about a 3-foot ceiling height, so it depends how tall you are in regard to sitting up. I would say most adults cannot sit up...I can't at 5'8".

My neighbor/long time friend (we were in rock bands together) is the western region sales rep for Chinook, so I get a chance to see his different rigs when he brings them home. He is driving the 4 wheel drive model now. His previous sample was one dressed in Harley-Davidson leather/colors. Chinook is way pricey for my taste, going after a high dollar market. Many Prevost owners (busses that start at $500,000) tow a Chinook as their "toad"!

Hope this helps...I am envious of your ability to travel at our age!...Rob

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 20
Rob, that's exactly what I wanted to hear about the solar. I like to stay out for weeks at a time.

I just got a rather confusing email back from LD.
They got my letter mixed up with someone else's and answered different questions than I asked. They must be busy. :-) Anyway, for my needs, they're out of the question right now because they're taking orders for November delivery. The literature that I got originally said 12-16 weeks, which works for me, November doesn't. So barring a poor hapless late model LD that wanders into SW FL in search of a new owner, I think I'm going to have to look elsewhere. If anyone hears of a '99-'00 23.5 Front Lounge in perfect condition for sale, keep me in mind. (That's a joke. You guys keep these things forever, it seems.)

Thanks for all the help. As for traveling at our age, my daughter goes off to University in June. The trip is my reward for surviving raising her. :-)

Thanks again.
Joan

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 24
...I was at Lazy Daze to get a window and drawer adjusted on our new rig, and Steve was answering your email.
Besides the fact that LD is very booked with orders, the other problem is that Ford is experiencing a shortage of V10 chassis. Other manufacturers are experiencing the same thing...demand is outpacing supply. We waited six months for ours...it was worth every minute! We happened to order in Sept for March delivery...we normally don't go anywhere during that time frame anyway.
Ordering now without a vehicle for this season might be a drag, it depends how serious you are about getting the most for your money in the long run ...Lazy Daze will provide that.
If you want to settle for a V8 engine, ask Steve if the delivery time is shorter. The V8 won't be as robust as the V10, but the LD quality will still be there. My recommendation is the V10, no substitute for cubic inches/horspower for the areas you wish to travel. This V10 will take you anywhere with confidence and power to spare...especially in their 23.5' models!

Rob